26

𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐇
they wanted blood so you painted your lips red and blew the wolves a kiss

"I think Joey's a real candidate," Daisy informed Mack, sitting down at the table, him doing the same

He scoffed. "Sure. He's Inhuman. But... doesn't meet my criteria."

Daisy grew defensive, "He's a decent guy, and you know it." She then had to remind him, "Getting that unit up and running is priority."

"Yeah, but it doesn't mean it has to be a rush job." He saw her face and sighed, "Look, Dr. Garner will make his recommendation."

"And it will be the same as always... three months observation and counseling before reassessment." She threw up her hand in frustration. "He's as much of a buzzkill as you are." Mack chuckled, shaking his head at her. "And if you haven't been keeping score, our team's down to three musketeers. May and Simmons are gone. Fitz might as well be, Bobbi's on the DL. And from what I hear, Hunter's planning to leave."

"Yeah, but not for good," Mack told her and she furrowed her brows. "He's got a score to settle."

The door bursted open, Bobbi and Hunter came running it. "It's Fitz! Fitz broke into containment!"

Daisy jumped out of her seat, Mack doing the same, and they followed them. As they neared, they could hear Fitz yelling at the Monalith.

"Fitz! Fitz, get out of there! Are you crazy!?" Mack grabbed Fitz and pulled him out of the case that the monalith is in. Bobbi, Hunter, and Daisy quickly closed the door to the case, and locked it just in time seeing as soon as they locked it, the monalith turned into liquid before back into stone.

"Damn it, Fitz!' Coulson yelled as he came around the corner, putting on a new hand.

"I had to know — had to—"

"I already lost Simmons to that thing!" Coulson yelled, pointing at the Monalith. "I cannot afford to lose you, too."

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Daisy asked Fitz, finally calming down from the fear of almost losing Fitz.

"Sorry." Fitz looked down and sighed. "I won't give up. I can't give up."

"None of us want to, Fitz, but..." She trailed off, looking at Bobbi who bent down to where his form was on the floor.

"Fitz, you tried. Okay? You tried your hardest. Everybody knows that."

"No. I missed something. I m... I missed something." He looked down at something that was on his fingers.