23

𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄
Girls can be heroes too

𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄Girls can be heroes too

"SO this kid's the real killer?"

Stiles nodded, "Yeah."

Noah shook his head, No."

"Yes!"

"No."

Daisy decided it was best for her to intervene, "Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all he had to do was look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris's class."

Stiles exhaled loudly, "All right, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything." Noah looked to Scott, "Scott, do you believe this?"

Scott nodded, "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt."

Daisy crossed her arms and looked Noah in the eyes. "Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him."

Noah sighed but nodded, understanding where she was coming from, "All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and it's coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles paused, flailing his arms around, "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years." He sighed, defeated, "Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"

"What do you want me to do?"

"We need to look at the evidence."

"IT'S 2:00 in the morning," Mason, a deputy told the group as they walked into the sheriff station.

Noah sighed, glancing back at the teens. "Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important."

Stiles grabbed both Daisy's and Scott's attention. "We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?'

"Why?"

"Because all the murders were committed by Jackson, except for one, you remember?"

"The pregnant girl, Jessica," Daisy remembered, nodding.