33

𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒
im sorry, did I roll my eyes out loud?

𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒im sorry, did I roll my eyes out loud?

DAISY placed both hers and Joey's fake I.D's on the table.

Joey started having a conversation in Spanish with the desk clerk. Once done, and the guy had walked away, she hit Joey in the side with a smile. "You're doing good."

"I'm not great at projecting authority." He gave her a weak smile. "It's nice to talk Spanish, though. Reminds me of home."

"Do you miss it?" She asked.

"Especially Sundays." She rose an eyebrow at him, "Mom cooks on Sundays." They both chuckled. "And you? You have people?"

"Sort of." She shrugged before frowning, "Not really."

"Colonel Ramon." They turned around to see a guy holding out his hand to them, and they both shook his hand. "I speak English, if it makes this easier."

Daisy nodded. "It does. Thank you."

He smiled at her. "This way to my office."

"We're following up a report," she stated as they walked to his office. "Your officers were attacked by a powered assailant?"

"Yes." He nodded. "We're already overwhelmed by the guns, drugs, and kidnappings, and now these things." They finally made it to his office, and he asked, "Are they really aliens?"

"It's a little bit more complicated than that," Daisy admitted. "But like everyone else, there are good ones and bad ones."

He shook his head. "But when they are bad, we are powerless to stop them." She glanced to Joey. "That convoy was loaded with weapons that were supposed to help us fight whatever this is. And now weapons are gone."

"But we're here," she reminded him. "We've got a team on the ground, and we're here to help."

"HOW do you lose someone as big as Mack?" Daisy asked Hunter and Bobbi in disbelief.

"I don't know!" Hunter exclaimed, giving her a look. "Same way one loses a truckload of weapons."

Bobbi sighed. "Well, good thing a grocery store down the street is security-conscious." She typed away at the computer, and pulled up the security footage. "Here we go."

"Who's he looking at?" Daisy asked as they saw Mack standing up from his crouched position, his eyes on something that wasn't showing up on camera. Something then sped by Mack, taking his gun.