36

𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈 𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐊
Danger. Mouth operates faster than brain.

"WERE there casualties?" Daisy asked Coulson as they walked through the halls of the compound

"The building had a staff," He told her, "When you get to South Bend, rendezvous with Mack at the ATCU site. Report back what you got."

She held out her hand, palm up. "I've been following the Watchdogs online for a while now," she admitted, " Some pretty nasty hate speech, but up until now, it's all been rhetoric."

"There's a bark/bite joke I could make here, but I don't find these guys all that funny," Coulson responded to her and she frowned, raising a brow at him.

"No, they've had a menacing presence ever since New York," she told him, pursing her lips in anger. "Got even less funny after Sokovia."

Fitz looked to Daisy as he joined their side, "Not exactly embracing the new changes in the world."

Coulson picked up his speed and passed them. "Now they're not happy just being the comments section."

"Something's changed," Daisy commented as the large slide door opened for them. "They're taking action."

"We need to shut them down before more people get hurt." They walked into the room where the Zephyr sat. "We've got enough on our plate trying to track down Malick."

Daisy smiled as she saw Lincoln walking towards them. "Hey!"

He smiled back, glee in his ocean eyes. "Hey!" He threw down his bag, picked her up, and spun her around. He then placed her feet back on the floor and pulled her in a much needed kiss.

Daisy pulled back, looking into his beautiful ocean eyes. "How'd the S.H.I.E.L.D. assessment go?"

"Fine, I think." He shrugged, pulling back, grabbed his bag, and slung it back over his shoulder. "I guess we won't know for sure till Coulson gets the evaluation report."

Coulson walked towards them. "I got it."

Daisy turned to Coulson with hope filled eyes. "Well, should we bring Lincoln with us? With Bobbi and Hunter gone, we can use all the help—"

Coulson sighed. "Lincoln's gonna sit this one out." Her mouth fell open, and she was ready to protest. "You and Fitz go ahead. Meet up with Mack, then report back to me."

Daisy was about to say something when her hand was grabbed. She looked to her right to find Lincoln sending her a small smile. She nodded and sighed. "Okay." She gave Lincoln a peck on the lips before getting on the Zephyr.