17

𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐀𝐘
Quake, no

𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐀𝐘Quake, no

"SORRY. I wish I didn't have to, but..."

Skye could faintly hear Lincoln's voice before a throat was cleared. She shook her head, getting rid of her many thoughts before turning to face Lincoln, "Is it my go?"

"You're about a million miles away," Lincoln told her, his eyebrows raised as he looked at the younger girl in amusement.

She sighed, slumping down in the seat. "Sorry. I'm back at dinner," she admitted, a faint smile appearing on her lips, but she couldn't help but feel guilty as she thought of her family back n Beacon Hills.

"Dinner with my parents can stress me out, too."

She sighed again and shook her head. "It wasn't stressful, exactly." She made a wild hand gesture, "I mean, I didn't want to see Cal, let alone be in the same room as him. I was sure he was gonna have some twisted surprise, but he didn't. It was..." She tilted her head, trying to find the right word, "Nice."

"That's good." Lincoln nodded, chuckling lightly before he saw the concerned look on her beautiful face. "Isn't it?"

"Did Jiaying tell you that she's sending Cal away?" She asked him, getting straight to the point, "He's not coming back."

"He doesn't exactly belong here." Skye looked away from him and at the floor. "You think it's a bad idea." He realized, and she shrugged.

"It's not a good one," se admitted before sighing. "He'll get upset, and someone will get hurt."

"Talk to her." She looked to him. "She's your mom." He lightly chuckled as did she.

"Yeah." Skye nodded. "It's nice having someone normal to talk to." He chuckled before pointing his finger at his white piece on the board, and used his electricity power to move it, hitting her black piece. "You hit me!"

SKYE knocked before entering her mothers' office. She stopped as she saw that Jiaying was talking with Gordon. "Ah, sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt."

"No, we're finished here," She told her before giving Gordon a look.

"I'll let you know how it goes," he told her before leaving, giving Skye a look over his shoulder.

Skye walked towards her mother. "Was that about Cal?" She m asked her but she shook her head. "I want to talk to you about that. Cal's dangerous, I know, but he's better when he's with us."