28

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑
Stars hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑Stars hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires

"DAISY, Mack, move in now!" Mack and Daisy looked at each other in confusion. "Something's attacking! Alisha's down!" They jumped out the car and into the apartment building.

Daisy came into their apartment, seeing Alisha's body, so she tucked away her gun, and bent down. She grabbed onto her, finding a hole in her stomach. "No," she whispered, shaking her head in sadness, and then looked up to see a hole in the wall.

"Daisy, wait!" She simply ignored Mack as she ran into the hole, following the clues that were gonna lead her to the alien thing that had done this. "Daisy! Damn it." Mack followed her.

While walking down a thing of stairs, Coulson tried to contact her through the ear piece, but it was full of static. "Daisy, do you copy?"

"You finally got my name right," Daisy teased before turning serious. "You're cutting in and out, sir," she informed him. "We've trailed the killer to the industrial park a half a mile South of you. Backup would be nice."

"On its way. Hold tight."

She smiled. "Copy that."

"How did I let you talk me into this?" She turned to Mack, rolling her eyes as she heard him starting to rant, "I had a garage, workbench full of new tools, my own espresso machine."

"We got to figure out how this thing is finding Inhumans and why it's killing them," Daisy stated as they both kept side stepping, shoulder to shoulder, guns raised.

"I know why," he stated not even a second later.

"Yeah?" She glanced to him. "Why?"

"Instinct." They turned and pressed their backs against the wall. "It's like a great white shark, built to eat, sleep—"

"And kill," she got the point of what he was trying to say.

"I was gonna say "make little baby sharks," but then "Jaws" was probably twenty years before you were born, so—"

A door slammed, making them both jump from fright.

Daisy squinted her eyes to stare into the dark hallway. "Do we have movement?"

"I don't know," Mack told her, shrugging. "I can't see a damn thing."

"Well, do you want me to take point?" She asked in amusement, noticing that he was more afraid than her.

He hesitated, "I'm going." He swallowed thickly, "I'm going."