46

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍
Because everything feels, sort of, too much

STILES jerked awake, sitting up on his bed, his eyes widening as he saw Daisy cuddled up on his chair

STILES jerked awake, sitting up on his bed, his eyes widening as he saw Daisy cuddled up on his chair. "Sk-Dasiy?"

"He-hey," she stuttered out, barely able to get a word out.

"Wha — what are you doing here?" His voice cracked. "Are you, you? It's you, right?" She nodded. "Are you okay? What happened?" At those words, she completely broke down, her sobs getting louder by the second. "Oh, God." He jumped off his bed and ran towards her, bringing her into his body. "What happened?"

"Lin-Lincoln is dead!" She cried out, burying her head into his neck. "I lost everything, Sti!" She shouted, barely noticing as he flinched. But she did notice as he pulled back from her, his face full of concern yet rage.

"You didn't lose everything, Daisy." He frowned at her, "You have me, Scott, your mom!"

Daisy shook her head in denial. "No I don't. I lost you all a long time ago. I lost mom when she found out about my powers, she still continues to bombard me with questions I don't know how to answer. I lost Scott the moment he met Allison, ever since then, it was always about her, now it's about Kira." She sniffled, rubbing her nose with Lincoln's old long sleeved shirt she had stole. "And I lost you the moment... the moment you confessed your feelings for me." She shook my head as he went to speak. "I understand that you love me, I know—"

"No, you don't!" Stiles basically shouted in her face. "You think you know, but you don't." He fully pulled away from her, standing up, and started to pace. "You push away anyone that could possibly care about you." He turned to her, tears in his eyes. "It wasn't over for me when you left for SHIELD, Daisy! I knew that somewhere, deep within, you had feelings for me. I waited for you..."

"I didn't ask that of you!" She shouted at him, standing to her feet. "Why the fuck are you acting like this, Stiles?!"

"Because you left me!" He shouted, his voice cracking. "And I waited for the day you were gonna come back, and now you're here, telling me that you lost everything when you didn't!" He jabbed a finger at her, "I loved you for exactly who you were, what you were, but you chose... him over me! And now that he's gone, you're gonna come running back, expecting me to accept you with open arm!? I think the fuck not!"

She flinched, the pain in her heart beginning to be too much. "I know! Everything is my fault, Stiles!" She shouted, finally going to open up her heart to him. "Everywhere I go, I seem to break things! And when I try to fix them, the worse I make it." She took in a loud shaky breath. "I just want everything to fold up and stop! I don't want to think or do anything anymore." She looked Stiles in the eyes, tears rolling down her cheeks. "How do you keep going when the worst things happen?" She rhetorically asked. "I don't expect you to understand, Stiles, 'cause you really don't know me, no one does — did, until him."