54

𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄
You are so brave and quiet, I forget that you are suffering."

HEAVY breathing, heart racing, and mind scattering with different scenarios, Daisy reached out and grabbed the doorknob to her house, well, what used to be her house

Taking in a sharp, she turned the knob and pushed the door in, her heart beating faster and faster as she heard talking from upstairs.

Laying down her backpack by the door, quietly, she then started to walk towards the stairs, her breathing increasing as she did so.

"Who are you?" Daisy paused, her face casted downwards, and her heart beating a mile a minute. "Who—" She looked up, her wide brown eyes meeting a familiar set of brown ones. "Daisy?"

"S-Scott," she sputtered out, feelings tears form in her eyes as she stared up at her little brother.

The same little brother that she abandoned because her feelings were hurt. The same little brother who called her everyday for months to which she had ignored until a day ago. The same little brother who looked to her for things even when she let him down which was all the time.

"Oh, my god," Scott breathed out before jumping down the stairs to where he landed in front of Daisy. On instinct, she flinched, thinking of the worse. Even if their phone call was fine, it doesn't mean that seeing her, face to face, will help with the hurt that she had inflicted on him.

"Sc—" Daisy froze as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer to his body. She let out the breath she didn't know she was holding and wrapped her arms around his stomach. The tears that were in her eyes, fell.

"I can't believe that you're here right now," Scott admitted, tightening his grip on her. "What happened to you? You were gone for months. You never called or answered our phone calls. Stiles couldn't even look anyone in the eyes when we asked him about you. He-he would even say your name, and when you called..." He pulled back, allowing her to see the tear skidding down his cheeks.

"I—" Daisy sucked in a huge breath and took a step back, biting down on her bottom lip harshly. "I just... I needed time on my own. I couldn't—" She let out a breath, searching her mind for the right words. "I couldn't put anybody else's lives on the line for me." Tears fell down her cheeks, fast. "Lincoln died and I felt like my whole world had stopped. It all went down hill."

"Lincoln died?" Scott asked, his eyes wide in sadness and surprise. "Why didn't you say anything? Tell me? Or anyone?"

"I..." She gulped. "I told Stiles the night I disappeared," she admitted, sucking in all the tears she could even though she had a feeling more would be falling soon. "We had this huge argument and we both admitted our true feelings. The pain, the — the grief, hurt, and, and, the feelings we held for each other. It was all a big mess."

"Daisy..." Scott trailed off, his lips turning into a frown as he looked down at her.

"Daisy?"

They both looked up at the stairs to see Stiles standing there, his eyes wide with anger, hurt, and disbelief.

"Stiles," Daisy choked out, her throat feeling as if it was clogging up. "H-Hi."

"Hi?" He asked in disbelief. "Hi?" He scoffed. "Hi?!"

She flinched as he yelled at her, her heart feeling like it was weighing down on her. "St—"

"Don't you dare "Stiles" me!" He shouted, pointing his finger at her. She jumped back as he ran down the stairs, his face now inches from mine, seeing as Scott had stepped to the side in shock. "You left, again! And for what? To hide away? To scare us all to death?"

"You... I gave you an opportunity to say anything if you wanted me to stay or not. You didn't take it. You didn't even try and say anything to get me to stay here," she admitted in a small voice, trying her hardest to not break down in front of them. "You let me leave."

"I was awestruck!" He shouted, shaking his head, a hysterical laugh escaping him. "You poured out your heart to me and then you expect me to not be shocked? You just expected me to say anything to let you stay? The person who broke my heart? You hurt me! You hurt me a lot, Daisy."

"I know, Stiles." Daisy raised both of her hands up, both of them shaking. "I know that I hurt you but you hurt me, too," she choked out, a sob almost escaping her as she saw the hurt, the pain, and the tears in his beautiful whisky eyes that seem to hold so much more weight than they used to.

He stood there for a second, his eyes searching her's. Seconds passed before he scoffed and brushed passed her, his shoulder bumping hers. She turned and watched on despair as he walked out the door, slamming it behind him.

She slowly turned to Scott and that was when she let everything out. She broke down right then and there.

"Oh, Daisy..." Scott sighed before pulling her into his arms.

"I ruined everything, Scott." She sobbed, her knees going weak. She slid down to the floor along with Scott as she sobbed. "I ruin everything." She balled her hands into fists, her bad wrists aching. "I hurt everybody that is around me. Maybe I deserve all the hate, all the bad words, and punches thrown at me.! I'm terrible and I don't deserve anything!"

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do!" Daisy shouted, more sobs escaping. "I deserve it all." She closed her eyes tightly, her world feeling as if it was crumbling around her all over again. "I hurt Stiles so much, Scott, he will never forgive, and I don't expect him to."

"You love him, don't you?" He asked, smoothing down her hair.

She didn't want to admit it out loud because if she did, then that meant that her feelings were real and out there. That meant that there was no going back, and knowing that Stiles hates her, it hurt even more.

But, it was true. She had feelings for Stiles, and she needed to admit it to at least one person. "I do." She nodded, sobbing even more. "I do, and he hates me!"

"He... He doesn't hate you, he's just hurt, that's all." Scott tried to soothe her but it wasn't helping.

"No." Daisy shook her head. "No, he hates me. He definitely hates me. He will never forgive me for falling for Lincoln or hurting his feelings, or for leaving, twice. Who could blame him, I don't even forgive myself. I hate me, too!"

"Daisy—"

"Scott, don't," she said, a little too harshly. She stood up from her position and shook her head. "Just don't. No matter of words are gonna make me feel better." She grabbed her backpack and stormed upstairs to her room.

She threw her backpack on the floor of her bedroom before slamming her door shut. She slid down the door before she started crying, again.

"What did I do to deserve all this pain?" She asked, speaking through the tears, looking up at her ceiling. "What did I do to deserve all this?"