09

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
i still believe in heroes

"ARE you sure, Skye?" The girl in question turned around from where she putting on her shirt

"ARE you sure, Skye?" The girl in question turned around from where she putting on her shirt. "You just got out of the hospital with one bruised rib, a sprained ankle, and bruises."

"Mom." Skye sighed before walking towards her and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I'm fine," she reassured her. "Go to work and stop worrying about me. I am fine, I will always be fine, and even if I'm not, I will have to suck it up because I know you work out to take care of both Scott and I." She grabbed a water bottle off the table. "Plus, I'm only going to grab a movie and a couple snacks so Stiles and I can have our movie night tonight."

"Fine." Melissa sighed, digging in her purse. "Here." She held out a twenty dollar bill. "I know it's not much, but it's something and I want you to go buy yourself something. I'll just have to use the quarters in my bag for a snack from the vending machine when I go on my lunch break."

"No," Skye stated firmly. "I will not take this money. You need it for food, plus Noah already gave me money after I saved him from that car. I didn't want to take it, but he insisted. He said that if I didn't take it, he would arrest me." They both chuckled at that. "So, mom, I want you to use that twenty dollar bill on some tacos or some shit like that, and have a good lunch."

"And this is why you're my favorite." Melissa smiled and pulled Skye into a hug.

"You didn't have to say it out loud, I already knew I was your favorite." She pulled back, gave her mother a kiss on the cheek, then ran out the door. She jumped onto her bike and peddled away as fast as she possibly could.

It was her fault that they didn't have enough money to distribute. If Melissa didn't have her, she and Scott would have enough money, but here they are, struggling with their bills.

A car horn brought her out of her depressing thoughts.

Skye's eyes widened as she saw a black SUV headed straight for her. Quickly, she slid her bike, and it went side ways, and she fell off, and rolling. She grunted before standing up, facing the SUV as a man in a sharp suit came out of it, an amused smile on his face.

"I didn't expect to meet you like this," he spoke as he approached her. "Skye McCall, right?"

Skye nodded, getting in a defensive stance. "Who are you?" She asked, staring him up and down.

"Oh, sorry, my name is Coulson, Phil Coulson."

"Doing the whole James Bond thing, really?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Okay, cool." She nodded her head. "I can dig that." She then took a threatening step forward. "Who do you work for?" He rose his eyebrows at her. "You're wearing a very expensive looking suit; only business men wear suits like that."