25

𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍
You haven't even seen my bad side yet

DAISY had her hand out-stretched in front of her as she walked forward

DAISY had her hand out-stretched in front of her as she walked forward. An agent went flying back, two more following behind him, then a car. She looked to her right to see a guy cowering behind a crate. "Hey." Mack, Hunter, and her walked towards him, Mack letting off a smoke grenade so that no one could see them. "What's your name?" When he didn't answer, she asked with more force, "Guy, what's your name?"

"Jo — Joey," he stuttered, his hands shaking as he took huge steps away from her, his eyes wide.

"Okay, my name's Daisy, I'm with S.H.I.E.L.D., and we're here for your protection," she told him, holding out a hand as she approached him slowly.

"There's more on the way," Mack informed them. "First unit's down or wetting themselves. That S.U.V. got the point across."

"Joey, Joey!" Daisy yelled, gaining the guys' attention. "Stay with me, okay?! I know you're scared and your world's being turned upside down. But believe it or not, I've been through this, okay? I can help. We'll get you out of here."

"It's you who made the car, the people, and the thing..."

"You're gonna want to stand well clear of that, mate," Hunter told Joey as their ride landed right behind them.

"I know it's a lot to take in," Daisy stated, pushing Joey into the box. "But right now, you have very few options and zero time, so, please, just go with it."

"We'll be right there with you," Hunter told him as Daisy punched in the code to the box. "It's not like this day can get any crazier, right?" The doors closed. "Right?" He was then flown upwards.

"WHO are you? W-what is this? What is S.H.I.E.L.D.? Did you do this to me?" Joey fired questiones at Daisy, one after another, giving her a migraine, but she didn't let it show.

"We try to protect people like you from the world or from yourself, unless we have to defend the world against you," she informed him.

"People like me? What is happening to me?"

"You've experienced what's called a bio-morphic event. Short version... your DNA changed."

"And the long version?"

"Is..." Daisy trailed off, trying to find the right word, "Long, but right now, you need to understand that you will survive this."

"Okay." Joey nodded. "Okay, s-so you guys can cure me."

"I'm sorry." She shook her head, frowning. "We just learn to live with it. It may feel like your life has ended, but it's just... got more interesting," she forced the words out of her mouth.