43

𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓
Life doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints it takes, and it takes, and it takes, and it takes

DAISY sat at a desk in an abandoned building at the outskirts of Beacon Hills, trying to hack into SHIELD, all the while, her blood was being drained

DAISY sat at a desk in an abandoned building at the outskirts of Beacon Hills, trying to hack into SHIELD, all the while, her blood was being drained. "You're getting better, Fitz, but I designed the ant-subversion code, so it's only a matter of time until—" Sue clicked a button and the monitor beeped. "I'm in." She leaned forward, reading what was on the screen. "Huh. Interesting." She looked to the other computer screen to see Lincoln in containment, bouncing a ball up and down. "They still have got you locked up. Was somebody being a bad boy?"

"You like the bad boys."

She turned to Hive, amused by his tone of voice. "Jealous?" At his face, she said, "We have a history. I thought we had a future once, but I gave him his chance and he refused, so now I just feel sorry for him." The monitor beeped so she turned my attention back to the computer. "Ah, damn it, Fitz."

"Your friends are very persistent," Hive stated, sounding agitated, "They keep fighting us, forcing us to move, wasting valuable time. If it happens again, there'll be no absolution."

"It won't," she assured him, "Fitz is on the losing end of this. We'll get back into the system, and we'll know every move they make. Plus, who would ever think to look in Beacon Hills for me?"

"How's our patient?" Radcliff came into the room, grabbed her wrist, and flashed a light in her eyes.

"I'm fine except for the bright light shining in my eye." Daisy pushed him away from her, but thanks to her weakened state due to blood loss, he barely moved.

Radcliff looked down at her. "I think that's enough for one day." He turned to Hive, "Don't want to kill the golden goose." Daisy pulled the I.V out of her arm, wincing as she did so. "Just take it easy. You just drink this and get some rest." He handed her a beer which made her look at him weirdly. "No, that." He held out a Snapple and she took it.

"I think you're the one who needs rest," Daisy mused, barely able to open the Snapple.

He shook his head, glancing at Hive. "Well, we'll rest when we're dead. Not you. I — I didn't mean... That's just a phrase. No need for any deaths." He gulped, looking down at the beer in his hand before turning to Hive. "We're ready for the alpha test."

Radcliff walked off and Hive followed.

DAISY had just got done contacting Lincoln when she heard her name being called downstairs. She weakly got up from her chair, grabbed onto the wall, and slowly started making her way downstairs.