15

𝐈𝐍𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃
you go girl

SKYE jerked awake, her vision blurry and shaky

SKYE jerked awake, her vision blurry and shaky. "Hey." She turned her head, her vision focusing as her brown eyes landed on Gordon. "Everything's gonna be okay."

"Gordon, where am I?" The female McCall asked, starting to freak out.

"This is the place I told you about."

She looked around her, still confused. "How long have I been here?"

"Two days."

"Two days!?" She exclaimed, trying to sit up but quickly realized she couldn't move. "Ow, why can't I move?" She started breathing heavily. "What are you doing to me?"

"We're healing you." Skye jerked her head to the side to see an attractive blonde male walk into the room. "Leaving now wouldn't exactly be..." He chuckled. "You ever made microwave popcorn? Leave it in too long, and it's charcoal. Take it out too soon, and it's a bag of kernels." He paused and shook his head. "That might be the worst analogy ever." He looked to Gordon. "Gordo, help me out here."

Gordon chuckled as Skye looked between both men. "You are on your own with this one." He turned to her, "I have to go now." Dee gulped, not sure if she wanted to be left alone with someone she didn't know. "You're in very good hands." He leaned down and whispered, "He's smarter than he looks."

"How do you know that?" The boy gave Gordon a look, a breathless chuckle leaving him.

As Gordon left, Skye looked down at her body, sighed, and plopped her head back down.

The boy then walked towards a dresser that was against the wall in front of the bed she was currently on. "He's been by your side since the moment you got here."

"Who are you?" Skye questioned rather rudely.

"Sorry," He apologized. "I thought..." She gave him a look. "I'm Lincoln, your transitioner." She furrowed her eyebrows at his wording. "Right. I-I keep forgetting you're new to this." He walked towarda her. "Everyone who goes through terrigenesis has, uh, a transitioner to help them."

"Please cut to the chase," she told him, looking down at the needles that stuck out of her body in multiple places.

Lincoln nodded, "Right, yeah." He grabbed a chair and sat beside the bed. "Let me start from the top. Imagine a thousand years of evolution taking place instantaneously. T-that's what happened to you after the mist."

"Mist?" Skye questioned. "I didn't go through this so called "mist" I just went out into the woods, trying to find a half a dead body with my best friend and brother."

"Then you must've somehow touched it," He told her, furrowing his eyebrows. "Anyway, these treatments... we're helping your body adjust properly to the change, transitioning you quickly and painlessly, I hope. We usually like to start the process right after the mist, but as—"