61

𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐘
All we gotta do is be brave and kind

DAISY stood to the side of the director as he stood in front of reporters and anyone else that had showed up

DAISY stood to the side of the director as he stood in front of reporters and anyone else that had showed up. she looked around nervously as he spoke.

"No, a true hero's not in it for the glory. Some seek out justice in the face of danger even if it means living life in the shadows. But I'm proud to announce that Daisy Johnson... One of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most dedicated agents... Can finally step into the spotlight and get the recognition she deserves." He looked to Daisy smiling and clapping his hands. She sent him a small, forced smiled and looked out into the crowd, seeing everyone else clapping, as well.

"During her time undercover, she risked her life to protect everyday citizens." Mace paused. "When Watchdogs targeted the Edison Bridge, Agent Johnson held off the collapse until everyone was evacuated. Now, she fled to protect her cover, but today, we finally get to say... thank you." he looked at Daisy and clapped, everyone else following. "Right now, I would like to invite Sunbury's own Michelle Caldwell up to tell the story in her own words."

Everyone cheered as Michelle walked up to the stand to speak. "Thank you, Director Mace." She smiled at Mace. "It's hard to remember details from that night, but three things stand out clearly... fire, falling... and Agent Johnson saving my life."

Daisy zoned out on what she was saying when she saw Coulson and Mack out in the crowd. But, soon, she was pulled out of her own world when she was pulled in for a hug by Michelle. She awkwardly hugged her back, forcing, yet, another smile.

Daisy looked over her shoulder back at Coulson and Mack who were looking up at a roof. She followed their eyesight to see a piece of a sniper pointing out from behind a sign.

"Sniper!" She shouted, pushing Michelle behind a pillar. She watched as Mace picked up the stand as a shield and it was shot by the sniper. It then sparked.

"Stand clear!" Mace shouted as he threw it up into the air, and it exploded.

Everyone shouted and ran around.

"I got eyes on the shooter," Daisy informed Mace and ran off, bumping into someone as she did so.

She looked up at the building and held her hands towards the ground, sending a powerful shock wave that sent her into the sky and up onto the roof of the building the sniper was trying to escape on.

She landed on his back, sending him down. She stood up and was about to punch him when she saw the Zephyr take off.

DAISY held the snipers file in her hands as she stood near where he sat. "Yuri Zaikin. Russian national. Ex-KGB. Ex-Hydra. S.H.I.E.L.D. thought you died in the battle over the Fridge." She sat the file down and stared him down, crossing her arms. "Well, it's too bad you didn't." He just looked up at her, unimpressed. "You killed a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, tried to kill the Director with exploding bullets. They don't sell those at Walmart... yet."