22

𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒
May the force be with you

DAISY stood under the shower head, the water that was hitting her back felt like bullets

DAISY stood under the shower head, the water that was hitting her back felt like bullets. It was as if everything was finally hitting her all at once.

Why is this so hard all of a sudden?

The thoughts that swirled around her head made her sick. She knew she wasn't doing great, especially after everything went down in Afterlife. God, she can't even remember the last time she felt this bad. She thinks she's finally broken and that scares her so much because her friends need her right now.

It was as if she was screaming but nobody could hear her. There was just so much happening all at once but she can't do shit about it. And because she can't get her act together, everybody that she cares about it bound to get hurt just because she's finally broken.

Her mom is dead, her dad doesn't remember her; she's suppose to be sad. But, she didn't want to be, that's the thing. Her mother deserved what she got, her father is actually content for once, so why is she so sad?

Daisy brought a hand to her mouth as a sob worked it's way up her throat and out of her mouth.

She is so tired of living in a permanent state of anxiety but she can't help it, that's her life now. She had to suck it up and move on, and get through this. She needs to get through this. She has to.

She took in a loud shaky breath before reaching out, turning the knob to the left, and shutting off the water. She grabbed a towel and stepped out of the shower, and looked towards her full length mirror that sat against the wall. She has changed so much from the girl she was before that body hunt in the woods.

"Come on, Skye!" Scott shouted from in the hall. "Hurry up before we're late!"

"It's Daisy, Scott!" She yelled out, her voice was raw, and it cracked. "And I'll be out in fifteen minutes!" She sighed and grabbed her faded jeans, black muscle shirt, the leather jacket she had stole from Lincoln's place, and her combat boots. She brushed out all the knots that were in her hair, applied a little bit of mascara and lip gloss before nodding at herself in the mirror. "Okay!" She shouted before exiting the bathroom.

"Finally," Scott groaned from where he leaned up against the wall. "Stiles is outside, he's been honking for the past ten minutes."

"Well, then," she gripped Scott's wrist, "We better not keep him waiting any longer."

"HAPPY birthday," Daisy spoke in boredom as soon as Lydia opened the door. "Thanks for inviting me." She took a glass of what looked like pink punch before walking passed her, and towards the backyard.