32

𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐌
I am the dragon breathing fire

MAY walked by Lincoln and Daisy, giving Lincoln a glare as she went

"She's been giving me the hate stare since I got here," Lincoln told Daisy, and they both chuckled. "I had to sleep with one eye open last night."

"But you slept," Daisy pointed out with a small smile.

He nodded. "Yeah, for the first time in a long time. I've been running long enough to appreciate it, secret underground base no one knows about, even if you all live on top of each other like keebler elves."

She rolled her eyes, smiling. "It's one roof, but it's big. Lots of space. Not that you need to keep your space." She stopped walking and turned to him

"I know." He sighed, "Uh... I'm sorry I moved in. I hope it's not weird."

She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, "Weird?"

He gave her a look. "We kissed." She couldn't help but smile because of how cute he was being right now. "That happened. Do we need to talk about it?"

"Nope." She shook her head, amused, "We do not need to. Why don't we just see what happens?"

"Will that happen again?" He looked so hopeful that it made her swoon.

"Planning takes the fun out of it," Daisy teased, tilting her head as he looked down, smiling. "Plus, you know, you'll have tougher decisions to face, right? You can't just stay here. Coulson only lets people in the base who have a role in his game plan." She walked away, the smile never leaving her face.

COULSON stood in front of all of them, "Today, we're launching Operation Spotlight. The objective... to peer into every shadowy corner of the ATCU. The last few days have been hard. What happened with Dr. Garner is tragic, but it has also created a rare moment of opportunity for us. The ATCU brought Dr. Garner's containment module into their research facility. S.H.I.E.L.D. is going to use that as a way to gain access. Going in on the ground will be Bobbi and Hunter. Quarterbacking from Zephyr One will be Daisy and Mack. Handling extraction... May and—"

"Him." She looked to Lincoln who gave Daisy a concerned wide-eyed look. She chuckled and poked him in the side playfully.

"Okay." Coulson nodded. "I guess the new guy will gain a firsthand look of our operations with Agent May. Let me be clear. I want to know everything... what's inside the facility, how close they are to this cure they've been working on, which Inhumans they're holding and where they came from, and finally, what it is the ATCU actually wants with them. Questions?"