Vol 1 Chap 1 - Transmigrated into a novel

Story by: Choco Lily

Editors: Nutt, Bobolander, Waffle and my bro XD

A/N: Please take this story as an entertainment, not education material. Most of the facts written in this novel does not follow the true historical facts~ 

Chapter 1 - Transmigrated into a novel

It had been two months since the pitiful Le XiaoTing, now known as Xiao Hua, woke up in a different world.

She was not envious of the transmigrated ladies that she'd read about in novels. She had sworn that if she ever found herself transmigrated, she would pray for God to immediately send her back home! As an ordinary office worker, she would never succeed in any options she could think of to survive in this new world!

Hug a gold thigh? If she followed the wrong person, she would end up being a pawn that would get discarded after her useful period was over!

Marry a rich and influential man? Xiao Hua bleakly stared at her surroundings. She was merely a servant, where will she find rich men? The so-called master in the manor where she got forced to work as a maid was not a choice she could accept. They have so many concubines that as a modern woman, she felt extremely disgusted with.

Be a rich and influential person herself? Xiao Hua had never considered herself to be a talented person, so how could she be successful? She knew many ways to be successful, but what was the use of that knowledge if she did not know how to turn them into reality?

So the only choice left for her untalented self was to pray. She had continuously prayed every day and every hour, with all the sincerity she could muster, just for a miracle to happen. But after two months of living in this world, she was still stuck in this damn world.

Her sincerity towards God gradually turned into dislike and then crept to the side of hate. Why was she, an ordinary young lady without any extraordinary talent, would get picked to transmigrate? Had she offended a deity?!

"Xiao Hua, your eyes are swollen again."

Ah Lian, a maid that had joined the forced employment four days ago, stared at Xiao Hua with pity as she gently touched Xiao Hua's swollen eyes. Her face and lips were almost as pale as chalk, but it did very little to prevent others from noticing her beauty. Xiao Hua knew that Ah Lian would powder her beautiful face every day to hide from unwanted attention. In Xiao Hua's opinion, the mud would do a better job than the white powder, but Ah Lian would get punished if she does so.

Xiao Hua only knew about Ah Lian's face powder plan was because it was written in the novel Le XiaoTing had been reading before she was unwillingly cast as a character in this transmigration drama!

Xiao Hua had seldom cried in the two months she had been staying here. But when Ah Lian joined the employment camp and shared some of her backgrounds yesterday, Xiao Hua broke down and cried for the whole night! It was as if someone had told her that she will be dying soon!

The manor had hanged a large signboard with the household's surname written on it, but Le XiaoTing does not know how to read it. She was a not-so-proud banana that only knew how to speak basic Chinese but was totally useless when it came to reading or writing using that language.