Vol 1 Chap 13 - To find a great treasure in the midst of dirt

Chapter 13

Xiao Hua and the Second Prince unconsciously gotten into a battle of staring and it took a moment before Xiao Hua realized she was staring at a prince!

She quickly lowered her head, breaking off the eye contact, which at the same time getting the Second Prince's mind back from whatever he was thinking about.

"Earlier, you say she is your friend. Now you say she is your sister. Long Lian, it's not good to lie."

"I'm not lying. She is my friend and I treat her just like my own sister."

The Second Prince stared at Long Lian as if he was assessing something. "Long Lian had yet to introduce her to me."

"She's my personal maid," an enthralling voice broke into the conversation. The Third Prince walked towards them leisurely and the light from the sunset highlighting his back shadowed him in an angelic manner.

Behind him was the forever loyal Da Liu with his menacing aura fully switched on, which brought Xiao Hua's injured legs to trembling state. So impressive, to able to cause fear with just his aura! Even passerby Xiao Hua got affected!

"Your personal maid? I remember her name is An Jing?"

"Pardon me, Second Prince, but this servant is An Jing," An Jing spoke up and curtsied.

"Then this prince remembers wrongly. An Wan, is it?" The Second Prince always kept track on his royal siblings' inner maids to ensure there would be no surprises in the future.

The Third prince laughed. "No need to keep guessing, Second Imperial Brother. You have not met my new personal servant before."

"New?" The Second Prince's gaze revealed a hint of surprise. "This brother had not expected that you would choose a new maid as your personal maid."

That was a rather bold and dangerous move that no one dared to take. It was common sense to pick a servant that had been by your side for years and proved their trustworthiness before allowing them to be promoted to be high ranked servants. It was no wonder that the indifferent prince would be shocked at what his Third Brother had done.

Long Lian, the ever curious one, decided not to speak up and let her Third brother providing the explanation, plainly because she wanted to hear the explanation too! She was a little irked that her third brother had taken Xiao Hua away from her.

"This younger brother trusts his younger sister's choice."

"It's Long Lian that recommends her?"

Long Lian: Third Brother, since when did I recommend Xiao Hua to you? It was you that steal Xiao Hua away from me! (╬ Ò﹏Ó)

However, her third brother has a closer relationship with Long Lian compared to her second brother who had a different mother, so Long Lian did not reveal what had actually happened.

With a smile, Long Lian explained. "Long Lian treats Xiao Hua as if she's my real sister, so of course Long Lian wants Xiao Hua to be treated well."

The Xiao Hua that the princess wanted to be treated well wanted to tell the princess not waste her effort. Because now Xiao Hua was heading straight to the path of destruction the moment she was forced to stay at the third prince's side.

"To be praised by the younger sister, this maid must be very capable. The Second Brother hopes that Long Lian could introduce a good maid for me as well."

Capable? When had Long Lian said that I was capable? Xiao Hua started to worry more about her future duties as the third prince's personal maid.