Vol 4 Chap 119

XH 119

Xiao Hua quickly pulled her hand away from the Third Prince's grip. It would be better to have lesser people know about their relationship, especially from the hero and heroine. They might use her as leverage against the third prince to get rid of him from the throne competition.

Although the Third Prince said he supported the Crown Prince to be the next Emperor, he had not declared that he would step out from the competition so he still has the choice to compete for the throne if anything happened to the Crown Prince.

The Third Prince gave her a look but allowed her to pull away, knowing that it was a wise choice to keep more of his advantages hidden in his sleeves. "Second Imperial brother, what a coincidence," the Third Prince said charmingly, even giving the man he hated a smile that revealed nothing but gentleness.

Xiao Hua truly marvelled at how he could restrain his great hatred towards his murderer, to be able to smile and happily chatting with Long Shan. If it was her, she would have already picked up all the sharp things that her hands could reach and starts attacking.

Le XiaoTing could still remember when she was very angry with her fellow roommate in her university days. She regretted offering her roommate to use her shampoo once but her roommate translated it as permission to use it as long as she wanted. As a result, Le XiaoTing had to restock her shampoo a month earlier than it should. She was tight on money and with how her inconsiderate roommate could not get a clue when she had already complained to her, she had no choice but to prank her roommate in a way that would permanently stop her.

The end result of her prank was her roommate forced to cut off most of her hair but it worked as Le XiaoTing wished for as her roommate and never touch her stuff ever again. Le XiaoTing's smile that was full of promise to do more evil was the one that stopped her roommate to even think of retaliating.

Xiao Hua suddenly felt scared. She had easily angered the Empress, but what if she secretly remembered all her deeds and repays her three-fold when her guard was down?

"Third Imperial brother," the Second Prince greeted indifferently.

Liu Chu Chu curtsied gracefully, followed by the two maids behind them. "Greetings to the Third Prince."

Xiao Hua quickly followed along. "Greetings to the Second Prince and Fifth Miss Liu."

Today the golden couple was dressed in matching attire. The heroine, forever dressed in red despite the colour would be too bold for certain events, was spotted in another red attire but with splashes of white on her clothes. The hero, forever dressed in white, was dressed in white attire with similar splashes of red like the heroine's attire.

Their looks complement each other pretty well. Not to mention their...preference, even their ability was matching! The hero, Long Shan, possessed ice elements, and the heroine, Liu Chu Chu, possessed water element! One supply water, one freezing it, how harmonious!

Long Shan's eyes drifted onto Xiao Hua for a second before looking away. It would be inappropriate for him to look at another female. It was only because she was Long Zhu's personal maid did he spare her a glance, only due to curiosity. He had heard of the Emperor and Empress being dissatisfied with Long Zhu because of his favouritism towards his personal maid.

However, the maid could not be considered as the most beautiful female in Guilin, but there was something adorable the way she gripped onto her fingers nervously with her eyes wandering around while trying to be sneaky in stealing few glances of him and Chu Chu.

As for Liu Chu Chu, she appraised Xiao Hua openly, as both were females. However, her gaze was not friendly but filled with dislike. Liu Chu Chu does not know why her heart would feel sour and immediately dislike that maid. She just felt as if that maid had taken something that should be hers.