Vol 2 Chap 36

XH 36

The Third Prince, Long Zhu gently placed Xiao Hua down on his bed before taking a seat at the edge of his bed, peering down at her. He could see the pill's effect working fast inside her body, clearing her pathway and pushing the toxic out of her pores.

He saw the dark toxic coming out from her body, staining his bed, but strangely, he did not find it disgusting as he normally would if he faced this kind of situation with a different person. He does not mind his bed getting dirty for he could always have his whole bed changed with a new one or have the sheets cleaned.

If An Wan, who had once 'dirtied' his bed with her naked body, known that the Third Prince did not mind his bed to be dirtied by Xiao Hua, would have cried in disbelief. A year ago, the Third Prince had immediately ordered his bed to be thrown out and burned after ordering An Wan to be punished.

Xiao Hua's tiny face scrunched up in pain and her tiny mouth open and closed without making a sound, silently enduring her pain. Her eyelashes trembled and pushed out a few drops of tears which rolled down her cheek that was filled with a thin layer of dark brown dirt.

Long Zhu's eyes clouded as his mind traveled back to his memory from his distant past, yet also the future he was determined to change. He admitted with a pang of guilt that he does not remember Xiao Hua much, only that she was his sister's personal maid.

The only thing he could remember about Xiao Hua vividly was during the time she had stood in front of him and took the deathly attack for him. He recalled there was so much blood gushing out from her and the strong smell of copper imprinting deep into his senses. He could vaguely hear the anguish screams of Long Lian when she saw Xiao Hua died.

She died immediately from the blow, her body fall onto the ground like a doll whose string was cut and buried under her own blood dark red blood. Her eyes were wide open, staring into nothing and her face showed no fear, no pain, but only relief.

As if she was happy to die for him.

Long Zhu knew that it was the crown prince that sent the assassins that day, but they failed to take his life and instead taken the lives of his servants and Xiao Hua. Since then, he hated the crown prince for making Long Lian depressed, and hated him for taking those innocent people's life.

But the person he hated the most was himself, for being weak and brought harm to the people around him. Even if he finally wanted to change, it was already too late.

His brothers had already prepared themselves for many years and were ready to move for the final kill. Long Zhu had no chance to escape from death. It was only right before his death that the true culprit revealed himself to be the mastermind. It was him that manipulated the crown prince to view Long Zhu as a threat. That was why the crown prince suddenly sent assassins to kill Long Zhu, the harmless prince.

He died unwillingly, filled with anger and deep betrayal. He died knowing that Long Lian would die right after him, as that man aimed to kill everyone that shared the same blood with the Emperor. Everyone in his family died, all because of that bastard's evil schemes in the name of revenge.

When he woke up in his eight-year-old body, he felt lost, anger and finally, desire for revenge. He will kill that ungrateful bastard and protect his family this time!

Long Zhu gave out a hand sign command and his secret guards left his side, giving him privacy. If there was an attack, Long Zhu himself was enough to handle it.

"Xiao Hua," Long Zhu called out softly as if he feared to wake her up despite she would not be conscious any time soon. "I couldn't avenge your death. But I will kill the one that caused your death."