Vol 2 Chap 57- Dear Husband truly adores me

XH 57

Xiao Hua was currently in a very uncomfortable situation.

Her legs felt numb as she was seating down with her legs cushioning her butt and fastened her eyes onto her teacup served on the table in front of her. She was surprised when she found the seats to be Japanese style, where the chairs were actually just cushions on floors, and the drinks were the green tea that Le XiaoTing had tasted in Japanese restaurants! She even had to remove her shoes and wear an indoor slipper around the house.

For a second, she thought she had traveled to a Japanese country with the small bamboo water fountain and paper sliding doors until Ping Shui talked to her in the Chinese language.

Xiao Hua avoided eye contact with the person in front of her that has a noble ranking, following the proper protocol. Her brains feel as if insects were crawling over it, agitating the itchiness as she was afraid of making a mistake.

Seriously, why would her punishment be something this dangerous? One mistake from her would embarrass the Third Prince!

"How is the Third prince doing?" A strong yet feminine voice inquired.

"His Highness is doing well."

Madam Ping Shui nodded as if it was to be expected that the Third Prince was in good health. She was just asking that question as a form of courtesy. "Ping Shui will need you to pass my thanks to the Third Prince for the gifts to grandfather."

"This servant will pass it on. Third Prince heard that Grand Tutor Ping Pong had fallen ill and sent this servant to deliver some medicine to hasten his recovery," Xiao Hua speaks as smoothly as she could.

"Grandfather is resting and could not personally accept the gifts. Please pardon Ping Shui for accepting the gifts on behalf of grandfather."

"Madam Ping Shui, the Third Prince understands Grand Tutor's difficulties. It's already an honor to have Madam Ping Shui to personally accept the gifts and invite this servant for tea."

Xiao Hua swears that by the time she leaves Ping Manor, her polite quota for the day would have exceeded the limit! She was actually worried that one day she might not able to handle the pressure of being cautious of her every word and action, increasing her anxiety and one day, she will finally snap and paint the town red!

"My mother had prepared some snacks and accidentally made more than we could eat. If you do not find it unpleasant, please bring some back for the Third Prince to try," Ping Shui offered kindly.

"It's not unpleasant at all. The Third Prince had mentioned that he misses Madam Ping's delicious snacks and even ordered this servant to inquire if Madam Ping would not mind giving a portion of the snacks to His Highness if she had made some today."

Madam Ping Shui laughed, using her wide sleeves to cover the lower part of her face. Her laugh was not loud or overly soft, just enough to let a person notice her amusement.

"It is fortunate then, that mother had made some snacks today. I will have my mother prepare more snacks to bring back for the Third Prince." Madam Ping Shui gestured at the plate filled with snacks on the rectangular table with short legs in dark brown color placed between them. "Please, try some too."

"Then please pardon this servant's rudeness." Xiao Hua lowered her head slightly and did not reject Madam Ping Shui's offer.

Actually, when the plate of snacks first appeared before her eyes, her attention was already on it! It was so cute how the white-colored snacks were molded into rabbit shape! Its body was plump with its body full of fillings.