Vol 3 Chap 92 - Roast the tea leaves

XH 92 - roast the tea leaves

Tian Liang, the King of Munzhu, had led his soldiers to battle for more than eight times. He had experienced fear and nervousness, but this was the first for him to feel uncomfortable under a tiny girl's unnerving stare.

The stare was filled with curiosity but what disturbed him the most was the probing and dissecting way of her gaze towards him, the subject of her interest and completely ignoring the said subject's discomfort.

"The...The items you requested are here." The waiter finally got his courage to approach them with a tray filled with what they requested. Another waiter was behind him, holding onto another tray with similar items.

"Each tray per table please," Xiao Hua said. "The Tieguanyin tea is for my table and the Oolong tea is for the gentlemen over there."

Hearing himself being referred to as a gentleman, Tian Liang snorted in amusement. The waiters quickly placed the tray onto each table and made themselves invisible at a hidden corner to keep an eye on them.

The manager had told them to keep an eye on the group and to stop them if their argument turns physical, but the thug man looks dangerous! They can only pray that the hooligan guy does not cause trouble.

Seeing that both parties were ready, Duke Heng announced, "Start."

Tian Liang confidently started brewing using his own special method. He sneaked a glance at the tiny kid and noticed she was brewing in a basic way. Cleaning the tea herbs with hot water first was indeed a good method that most commoners and lower-ranked nobles did not have the luxury to do, but did the tiny kid think that she can defeat him with just that?

Confirming that the little kid has no other special method in brewing, he concentrated on his own brewing.

The brewing does not take long. Xiao Hua finished first and after a minute, Tian Liang completed as well.

"Duke Heng, you may start the tasting," Long Lian invited pleasantly but her eyes were anything but pleasant. She wanted to invite a few more testers to keep things fair but their identities were too sensitive to get more outsiders to involve with their little bet.

Long Lian was still skeptical about the hooligan's identity, but if he could get Duke Heng as his tour guide, his background should not be simple. But since that hooligan dared to insult her and her favorite tea, regardless of his identity, she wants him to be taught a lesson!

The only time Long Lian was given the chance to taste Xiao Hua's tea was during her visit to the Third Prince's manor. But Xiao Hua had only brewed the Third Prince's favorite tea and never Tieguanyin. Long Lian was not worried, for Xiao Hua to be able to brew the 'Lu' An Melon seed' tea into a delicious tea, she should be fine in brewing Tieguanyin!

Duke Heng tasted Tian Liang's tea first since it was closer to him.

"Oi, Heng. If you taste mine first, that would be unfair for that little kid."

"What are you trying to say?" Long Lian snapped, riled at his words.

Tian Liang smirked arrogantly. "Don't want the little kid to say I'm cheating and all when she lost."

"The victor is yet to be decided!"

"The little lord wins," Duke Heng announced. While the two of them were busy arguing, he had gone ahead to the next table and tried Xiao Hua's tea.

"What?" Tian Liang whirled and stared at Duke Heng in disbelief as Long Lian did a pumping fist.

Duke Heng ignored him and continues drinking the delicious Tieguanyin, even go as far as refilling his cup once it was emptied.