Vol 3 Chap 88 - Little brother, thank you for being punished

XH 88 - Little brother, thank you for being punished

When Long Lian finally arrived at her third brother's residence, she immediately headed straight to Xiao Hua's room and found a swollen eyed Xiao Hua with a subdued air clinging onto her. The smile on her face when she greeted Long Lian was so fake that it hurts to watch.

"Xiao Hua? What happened?" Long Lian hurried towards the younger girl that was seated on a stool, who she had long thought of as her own sister.

"No. Nothing is wrong." This time Xiao Hua managed to muster up a more genuine smile for Long Lian and added a few more words as she knew her friend would never accept her 'nothing' answer. "I'm just a little upset."

Her previously messy appearance was fixed by An Jing, who the Third Prince had called over after their talk. Fortunately, their swollen lips had returned to normal after a while, or else it would be harder to explain.

Xiao Hua's lips twisted in a self- mockery smile as she remembered what he said before leaving. 'I will find a way. Wait for me.'

Waiting for him was easy as she has plenty of time in this world. But it would be cruel to hope for an unrealistic future.

"What made you upset? Is it Eighth brother again?" Long Lian huffed in frustration as she gently rolled a warm egg wrapped with a handkerchief over her swollen eyes. It was supposed to be An Jing's task but Long Lian took over without any thoughts to her status.

Xiao Hua's laughter sounds forced to Long Lian ears. "We got curious about a Eunuch's body and the Third Prince stopped us before Eunuch Heng could show us."

"Xiao Hua!" Long Lian scolded Xiao Hua, scandalized. She was taught never to show her skin to people except for her future husband and yet Xiao Hua and eighth brother wanted to see a Eunuch's body!

"Third Prince had scolded me already," Xiao Hua whined.

"Fine, but never do that again! A lady must never see such a thing!"

"Alright, I know."

Satisfied that Xiao Hua gave her word with an earnest expression, Long Lian finally realized something was abnormal. "Where's Eighth brother?"

"Replying to the princess, this servant knows where the Eighth Prince is," An Jing spoke up.

"Where is he?"

"The Eighth Prince is currently copying Buddhist scripts as punishment," An Jing answered as she poured tea for the Princess.

"Good for him!" Long Lian exclaimed cheerfully without asking why her brother was given a punishment when Xiao Hua only got a scolding. What matters was he would not be following them!

Little brother, thank you for being punished! d(°∀°d)

"Tang Mei! Bring them out!"

Xiao Hua looked on curiously as Tang Mei placed a bag onto a table and untied it, revealing clothes inside it. "What are these for?"

"Let's sneak out to play!"

"Princess, please re-think your decision!" An Jing quickly interjected with a low bow.

"Ah Lian, going out without guards are dangerous, especially for you," Xiao Hua joined An Jing to change Long Lian's mind.

"It's not as if we will not be bringing any guards. Xiao Hua, today there will be interesting things to see because it's the New Year!"

"Will there be lanterns and New Year snacks?" Xiao Hua asked as her interest aroused.

"Yes!"

"Princess, there is no need to go there personally. If you wish to have lanterns and snacks, the servants will buy them for you," An Jing persisted, unlike her teammate that was won over by goodies!