Vol 4 Chap 104

XH 104

Feng Jiu left Qiang Laohu on the floor, knowing that it would be more peaceful if he remained that way. With a snap of her slender fingers, fire appeared out of thin air and started burning down the wall of plant in front of Xiao Hua.

The 3rd prince did not make a move to stop Feng Jiu since he does not sense any hostility from her and watched as she grasped Xiao Hua's hand gently and have her take a seat. They ignored the way Mingzhi stiffen, resembling a statue when Xiao Hua approached.

Xiao Hua might feel a bit unhappy with how Feng Jiu had not saved the 3rd prince when he's in danger, but she also knew that the four of them had a bond that allowed them to act this way. 

"I suppose that explains your innocence of a pampered lady in a noble household despite being a commoner. Are you a noble lady in your world?"

Xiao Hua has few choices of words to categorize those pampered ladies in the novels she had read, as they were hardly known as innocence. Not even those original heroines that swoon men's hearts easily with their ignorance and kindness could be labeled as innocent.

Xiao Hua: '...' Or maybe she's gotten prejudice over how those heroines had captured so many good men to her side with just a smile and act of kindness.

So jelly!!! (°ㅂ°╬)

"I'm far from innocent and trusting..." Xiao Hua protested. "That label is only for young children."

"You are still a child," Feng Jiu pointed out.

"I'm twenty-seven years old. Um, twenty-eight now I suppose."

Although Feng Jiu did not say anything, her stunned expression said that she does not believe her.

"Will he be fine?" Xiao Hua pointed at Qiang Laohu. She guessed that he should be fine when no one seems to be concerned much about him, but she was rather curious about what had happened to him.

"He's just sleeping," Feng Jiu reassured the younger girl.

"My plant injected some drugs into his blood." Long Zhu seated beside Xiao Hua, which was way too close to be proper.

Qiang Laohu might have the strongest body among them but that does not mean he does not have a weakness.

"Long Zhu," Mingzhi called out softly. When the said person turned his head to his direction, he continued, "Is there a purpose for telling her the truth?"

'Other than flexing your peacock tail at your potential mate', was remained unsaid by the two time-travelers.

"There is another transmigrator. He wrote about our world...accurately, at a sense." Successfully capturing the other time travelers' attention, Long Zhu continued on, "But the story focused on Long Shan and Liu Chu Chu, being the main characters."

"The cowards and traitors to their home?" Feng Jiu scowled in disgust. She may have been sympathetic with the second prince of Guilin's past, but that does not excuse his spinelessness. That fool had run away with his wife and mother when it was clear that he could not defend his country from demon hoards.

All he did was sending out an evacuation order to the public before fleeing to elsewhere.

"The book ended when they got Guilin under their control. There are none about demons and the celestial beasts."

"Then my question stands. Why did you tell her?" Mingzhi asked solemnly.

"An ideal husband and wife must not hide secrets with each other?" Feng Jiu guessed jokingly.