Vol 1 Chap 8 - How dare he molest her!

XH 8

Xiao Hua's hair was equally parted to both sides with each side tied up into a round bun on top of her head, leaving a long tail hanging from each bun. The hair buns were decorated with shiny and heavy accessories, making it heavy to move her head around.

This little girl's hairstyle would have suited Xiao Hua's age, but for Le XiaoTing, a woman in her mid-twenties, it was actually really embarrassing to go out in that hairstyle! Everyone would assume she was a diehard fan of Sailormoon! Seeing Xiao Hua's face that displayed her real thoughts of her current hairstyle, Long Lian's enthusiasm dimmed.

"You don't like it?"

Xiao Hua winced. How should she answer that without offending Long Lian?

Long Lian seems to know Xiao Hua would probably give her an insincere answer so she stared Xiao Hua down with a grim look. "Answer me honestly."

"I don't like it," Xiao Hua blurted out the truth, unable to resist the look.

An Wan was first to speak out for Long Lian. "This hairstyle suits your age and appearance. It took a great effort for the Princess to think and even helped to tied it up for you."

In other words, you should not be ungrateful to the princess' kindness, huh?

But Long Lian does not appreciate her help for she gave An Wan a look that immediately had her head bowed downwards and took a step back. "If Xiao Hua doesn't like it, then this Princess doesn't like it too."

Woah, this princess, aren't you being too nice to this commoner? Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)

"T-This, it's not that Xiao Hua doesn't like it." Xiao Hua tried to give an acceptable excuse that Long Lian would not be offended.

"You don't need to explain."

"It's just that this hairstyle is too young for me!" Xiao Hua pushed on. If she can do it, then she will avoid making this princess unhappy!

"But you are young," Long Lian pointed out, and Xiao Hua was glad to see that her bad mood slowly disperse.

"I'm not young! I'm thirteen!" Xiao Hua put on on an 'insulted' look.

Long Lian showed an indulging expression as she said, "Yes, Xiao Hua is an adult."

"So it's fine if I use back my usual hairstyle." The hairstyle she had used before was just a simple ponytail tied with a long, thin cloth. She looked neat and smart like a proper maid should look like.

But the three ladies' expression immediately revealed a horrified expression. "No!" They answered hastily.

Hmm? Why not? (・・ ) ?

Xiao Hua stared at Long Lian and her two fellow maids' hairstyle, which was complex looking. Unlike Long Lian's which was filled with hairpins, the maids were filled with ribbons. Would they not find it heavy and tiring to do it every day?

"Princess, perhaps with the buns with loops at the sides might not be as childish? It would also follow the proper attire of a maid." An Jing suggested. Although An Jing and An Wan's hairstyle was more eye-catching compared to normal maids, they only used ribbons as accessories.

Long Lian only then realized she nearly got Xiao Hua into trouble if Xiao Hua did not reject the previous hairstyle and went to the public with accessories that maids should not be wearing. She would be insulted and offend noble ladies that look for trouble.

"Not bad of an idea!" Long Lian quickly untied Xiao Hua's hair before effortlessly tied her hair into figure-eight coils at each side of her head and right behind the ears, with ribbons holding them in place.