Vol 5 Chap 159

XH 159

"Have another seat prepared," the 19th Emperor ordered a nearby servant, who quickly did as she was told.

The Emperor and the Empress did not say anything, as they were not stupid enough to question the 19th Emperor's actions for allowing a maid to have a seat with him, but that was not the case for their oldest son that was brave enough to risk his neck.

It must be the frequent challenge towards Long Shan that reduced his survival instinct!

"Pardon this prince for asking, but is this young miss the true apprentice of Doctor Bai?" The Crown Prince asked in a fawning manner.

Other than the Empress, Long Lian was the first that recognized Xiao Hua once she entered. With a wide grin, she tried to make eye contact with the other girl, but Xiao Hua's gaze was facing downward from the beginning to the end, too scared to make any eye contact with anyone, least she would get roped in to start a conversation.

Xiao Hua: This young lady just wants to be a wallflower so please just ignore me!

The confused princess' seating was between the Second Prince and the Eighth Prince. The Eighth Prince does not look surprised to see Xiao Hua coming in with Doctor Bai, but his gaze seems to hold traces of hostility directed at the trio.

Long Lian itched to bite her handkerchief in regret! She had not visited Xiao Hua for quite some time, but it was not long enough for big changes to happen. Jealousy hit her like a wave when she noticed the eighth brother seems to know what was going on.

Despite feeling so, Long Lian has a good sense of priority to cheer at the good news of Xiao Hua being Doctor Bai's apprentice because it will slap the pretentious Liu Chu Chu's face!

Those that dislike or envy Liu Chu Chu's good fortune would never miss that opportunity to throw stones at her. They whispered among each other and even laughed quietly with mocking gazes directed at her. No matter how soft their whispers were, as long as they were cultivators, they could use their inner energy to enhance their hearing to listen to their conversation.

That was the case for Long Shan, who was extremely sensitive when it comes to his fiancée's matters. He emitted a strong blast of icy energy, frightening most of the guests and they quickly fell silent. They knew that even if the Second Prince would not dare to kill them, it does not include preventing them from getting hurt for mocking his fiancée.

"She is my daughter." Doctor Bai answered the Crown Prince with a gentle smile with affection lacing his words. The outstanding visual nearly had everyone run into a heart attack.

The guests' seating area and the royalty seating area were as if in a different realm. The atmosphere surrounding the guests were thick with eagerness, as the guests started to have their eyes on Xiao Hua, hoping to form a good relationship with her so that she can help them approach her father.

On the other hand, the atmosphere around the royal family seating was filled with thick disbelief after the announcement of Xiao Hua's identity.

The Second Prince and Liu Chu Chu might not remember other royal family' servants, but they remembered this personal maid of the Third Prince looks like!

On the other hand, the womanizer Crown Prince did not recognize Xiao Hua's face and blatantly gazed at her with a hot gaze.

As expected of an Emperor that had ruled the Kingdom for more than twenty years, he was experienced when it comes to an unexpected situation and was the first to regain his composure.

"So it is Doctor Bai's daughter." The Emperor's gaze was way friendlier compared to how he threatened Xiao Hua before when he caught her with his wife cheating on his son.