Vol 2 Chap 50- You are the Xiao Hua that I know

Author's Note: Oh wow... It's chapter 50 now! And a loooong way to go. Is it good or bad, I wonder?

XH 50

"You...why are you not...demanding me to return the Eighth Prince's body and kill me?" The Eighth Prince asked Eunuch Heng warily. When he first saw the little eunuch crying, he had believed that the owner of the body he was currently possessing was truly loved by the eunuch.

Yet, why did the young eunuch looked grateful even when his eyes expressed his deep pain?

"Kill? This servant would not dare to so do!" Eunuch Heng cried in fear.

"But I'm not your Eighth prince!"

Eunuch Heng looked over to the Third Prince, seeking for permission. But the Third Prince did not even notice the young eunuch's stare; too busy comforting the crying girl in his arms to care about anything else.

That sight was spicy to his eyes, so the Eighth Prince purposely said loudly, "Oh is that why you side with the Third Prince, Xiao Hua? Love certainly explains everything!"

It took a moment for Xiao Hua to understand what the Eighth Prince had said. Once she finally comprehends the words, the pain in her heart immediately took a back seat as she quickly pushed herself away from the Third Prince's arms. Her face quickly turned red in embarrassment. "T-That's not it! Don't speak nonsense!"

The Third Prince gave the Eighth Prince a disapproving look. "There are things you should not speak out loud even if they are the truth, Eighth brother."

"Yeah, yeah- wait, what are you saying, Your Highness!" Xiao Hua squealed in embarrassment. "Please do not make fun of this servant!"

Xiao Hua avoided looking into the Third Prince's eyes for he suddenly scrutinized her anew now that he knew she was not the original Xiao Hua. He could see that this girl was not pretending to be shy and acting coquettishly to steal innocent males' heart.

Eunuch Heng revealed an awkward smile when the Third Prince no longer paid attention to the two light bulbs, his examining eyes glued onto Xiao Hua's form. Since the Third Prince had heard what he said but did not stop him, Eunuch Heng assumed the Third Prince permitted him to explain to the Eighth Prince.

"Eighth Prince, you know that the...real Eighth Prince had turned...silly. That is the reason why the Third Prince isn't that upset enough to remove you."

"Eunuch Heng," the Third Prince suddenly called out, getting a surprised jerk from the eunuch, who suddenly looked guilty as if he had said something he should not have. "You are making this prince sound cruel."

"This servant does not dare!" Eunuch Heng quickly went down to his knees, his forehead kissing the ground.

"Stand up. This prince is indeed cruel... for being relieved that Eighth brother no longer needs to suffer."

"Hey, what exactly did you mean by that?" The Eighth Prince frowned in disapproval. "Being 'silly' isn't suffering. He could have got well as he got older."

"That may be true, but this prince does not know Eighth brother's future. Now that you had taken over his body, this prince will just take it that Eighth brother had parted to the afterlife, finally reunited with his mother."

Although it might sound wrong, Heise could not deny that the Eighth Prince might be happier to leave this life and reunite with his mother, the cause of his insanity. Meeting his mother and bask in her love would be a good choice to relieve the Eighth Prince's trauma of watching his mother taking her last breath. That crushing helplessness when he could not do anything to save his dying mother must have also tormented him every day.