Vol 1 Chap 19 - gotten good things from their parents

XH 19 - gotten good things from their parents

"Xiao Hua, why are you not eating any bok choy?"

The younger girl that had been slowly pushing rice from her bowl into her mouth stopped and went still. "I did eat it."

"Don't lie to me." Long Lian rebuked and pointed her silver chopstick at Xiao Hua. "I only saw you eat the chicken. Even the Luo Han Zai was not picked by you!"

"I..."

Long Lian did not bother to listen to whatever excuse Xiao Hua tried to come up with and just piled her bowl with vegetables until it resembled a flower pot.

"Ah Lian, this is way too much," Xiao Hua complained in dismay.

"It's good to eat more meat, but you must eat vegetables too!"

"I did-"

"Then look at me when you say that."

"..." Ops, she got caught.

"You eat way too little when you are still growing. It's bad for your body!" Long Lian scolded as she narrowed her eyes at Xiao Hua's small figure. "Third brother also agreed that you are too small."

She's... too small? (→_→)

Xiao Hua pointed out. "Ah Lian, I'm only thirteen years old."

Le XiaoTing was the only child in her family and her friend's children were all not older than ten years old. She knows that her current body was thinner compared to a few months ago, but she doubted she could be any smaller than average thirteen-year-olds.

Seeing that Xiao Hua believed there was nothing wrong with her body, Long Lian decided to show her instead. "An Wan, gather all thirteen years old servants here."

An Wan had switched shift with Tian Zi and Tian Chi to serve the princess until there was a new trustable maid to fill in the empty position. "Yes, Princess."

"Ah Lian...? What are you doing?" Xiao Hua asked in confusion, her head tilted to a side slightly. That action tickles Long Lian's heart.

So cute! If she gains more meat, she will look even more adorable! (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ

Long Lian wanted to pick up more vegetables for Xiao Hua but her chopsticks stopped moving when she noticed there was no more space for her to add more dishes on Xiao Hua's bowl.

"Eat!" Long Lian ordered and stared at Xiao Hua, using her forceful gaze to push her friend to eat finish all the food in her bowl.

Sighing inwardly, Xiao Hua started to eat the food, not wanting to argue. She had just finished off a piece of bok choy when An Wan returned.

"Princess, they are all gathered at the courtyard."

"Good!" Long Lian put down her chopsticks, grabbed Xiao Hua's wrist and pulled her out of the room. There were two female servants walking in front of them as a guide while carrying lanterns to light up the way under the dark sky.

"Ah, wait!" Xiao Hua cried out when she nearly tripped over her long skirt from Long Lian's forceful pulling. Her hand was still holding onto her chopstick as there was no time to put them down.

They arrived at a small courtyard where there were two boys and one girl standing in attention. The girl looked nervous while the two boys stood with straight backs, ready for whatever would be asked of them.

"This servant greets Princess!" The three of them greeted Long Lian.

"Rise," Long Lian said absentmindedly as she pulled Xiao Hua to stand closer to the other kids. "Look, they are the same age as you."