Vol 4 Chap 118

XH 118

Xin Lin finally got all the guards out of the room using the convenient route, which was used to be a wall. The beautiful, white sturdy wall now has a large hole enough for a grown elephant to pass through easily.

How on earth did Da Bei create this large hole? Did he use Son Goku's signature move, 'Kamehameha'?!

Xiao Hua does not dare to stand up as the Empress had yet to allow her, so she remained kneeling while silently complaining about how hard the floor was. She tried to signal Da Bei to get away from Xin Dan, but he ignored her eye contact and glaring fiercely at the Empress instead!

As Xiao Hua predicted, the Empress was displeased with it. "Do you think your master does not need to obey his mother anymore? I am still his mother and the Empress of this Kingdom!"

When Da Bei choose to remain deaf towards the Empress' outburst, the Empress ordered, "Xin Lin, have this insolent boy dragged to the prison! Tell the guards to especially take care of his eyes."

Xiao Hua gaped in terror as Xin Lin moved towards Da Bei with her Inner energy unmasked. Xin Dan's inner energy was not even half as strong as Xin Lin's so it could be said Xin Lin has higher cultivation.

Xiao Hua's body trembled at the heavy pressure and despite her need to move to help Da Bei, she could not do it as fear crippled her. This hateful feeling was just like what she had felt during the firework incident, but this time the fear was from outside influence, forcing her to felt fear. There was nothing she could do to overcome the fear, especially when she could hardly even move a finger.

She could only helplessly watch Xin Lin making her way towards Da Bei as her inner energy getting stronger in every step. Surprisingly, Da Bei was not at all affected by Xin Lin's aura and Xiao Hua swore that there was a glint of anticipation for violence flashed in his eyes!

Already preparing herself to witness violence and blood, Xiao Hua was surprised when a light blue sleeve made from a high-quality cloth covered her view with a familiar smell of forest filled her nose. Without needing to look, she already knew who it was just from the smell when a familiar pair of arms wrapped around her trembling form protectively.

The fear that paralyzed her slowly eased and relief crashed down on her. "T-Third Prince..."

The gentle smile that was usually worn on his face was missing, his eyes swimming with worry and regret. He gently wiped her cheek using his sleeve and she realized she was crying.

Embarrassed, she quickly lowered her head to hide her crying face. Their close distance had Xiao Hua's head touching his chest which the Third Prince permitted and he further encourage it by pressed her body closer to him.

But to the Empress' eyes, Xiao Hua was clearly seeking refuge from her son, even going as far as portraying herself as the innocent party with crocodile tears. To even buttering her son by throwing herself onto his chest, how shameless!

"Imperial Doctor, please hurry and identify what had caused Her Highness to faint." Opposite of what they had expected, Duan XiYing had actually rushed to find the Third Prince to inform him of the matter before seeking a doctor for the Empress.

"There's no need for Doctor Li to diagnose this Empress." The Empress stopped the old doctor's approach with a cold gaze. This was truly embarrassing! Never once had she fainted, not even when she fought against the Emperor's hundreds of concubines!

The Empress had restrained herself from punishing Xiao Hua and instead, make traps for her to fall into so that she will have a reason to punish her. After all, she knew that if she acted domineering without an excuse, she might strain her relationship with her son. But this stinky maid dared to insult her just because she was in favour of Long Zhu!