Vol 5 Chap 149

XH 149

Feeling like an invalid, patient Xiao Hua could be seen lying down as still as a statue to avoid agitating her wound on the Eighth Prince's bed, with Nurse Da Bei staring attentively at her and frequently at the door. Her uninjured hand was left to press on the wound which fortunately was slowing down it's bleeding.

She could not hear anything from outside the room and that makes her even more anxious. Although she did not know Doctor Bai's abilities, as a player that had performed in several worlds, he would not be simple.

The Doctor Bai's character background was unknown, other than what Le Xiao Ting had read from Heise's book. He was the heroine's invisible golden medallion to boost her own reputation by ridding Doctor Bai's tailcoat. Adding it with her own spring water cheat, she managed to convince others about being Doctor Bai's apprentice. Her lie was not discovered as Doctor Bai never once appeared in the novel. Even if he did, Xiao Hua could guess that somehow or another, the heroine would be able to make him willingly accept her to be his apprentice.

Other than that, Xiao Hua could not remember much. Only the Eighth Prince himself would remember what he had written best.

Feeling headache incoming thanks to the worry, she turned her head and put in the thin bamboo tube that was attached to a teapot placed beside her pillow into her mouth and greedily sucked the liquid to moisture her throat.

Da Bei was the one that insisted she drink more water to sustain her blood lost temporarily and Xiao Hua suspected he used this method to drink water when he was too injured to move around.

She nearly choked when Da Bei jumped onto his feet with his sword drawn, staring at the door with a fierce gaze as the door slowly creaked open. Her eyes glued on the door, her heartbeat slows down in dread.

A smooth, pale hand pushed the door wider and a tall handsome man with an air of elegance stepped into the room, his gentle eyes immediately meeting Xiao Hua's. His smile was so angelic that no one would think he was a dangerous person.

Xiao Hua: '...' Shit?

Xiao Hua: '...' Such a good looking man should be illegal, ya know? I swear the sunlight follows his around as background effect.

Xiao Hua: '...' Did Heise get killed?

"You must be Xiao Hua." A soft, melodious voice flowed around the room, breaking the awkward silence.

"... Hi." Xiao Hua answered foolishly and did not move to stand up from the bed. "Can I ask what you did to my friend? He's a nice ten-year-old boy with dark green robes. He never kills anyone. He also never harms anyone without reason. He's a very good boy."

Doctor Bai laughed softly, his ink-black soft hair danced around him inside a room where no wind could enter. "He is indeed a good boy for preparing a welcome gift for me. But I don't like getting dirty, so I have to return the gift to him."

Indeed. There was no single speck of dirt on him and it looks like the Eighth Prince failed to even land a single hit on this man.

"He's still alive... right?"

"I don't kill innocent people."

Xiao Hua refrained herself from asking what was his definition of 'innocent'.

Da Bei was unprepared when Doctor Bai suddenly disappeared and appeared before Xiao Hua, without any signs of moving at all. There was not even wind movement from his sudden move! Xiao Hua let out a small hiccup from the sudden shock and winced from the pull of her injury.

Doctor Bai gently removed the rough cloth that was used to press onto Xiao Hua's wound. She reluctantly removed her hand, deciding to trust him for now. Not that she has any choice anyway. "Fortunately, it was not deep enough so there's no need for stitching and leaving a scar on your skin."