Chapter 20- Human alarm clock service

XH 20 - Human alarm clock service

During her stay in MungLu's manor, she had shared a room with five other maids. She would only wake up when others did, as Xiao Hua does not know how to tell apart time at all with the absence of a clock.

Now that she has a room all to herself without a human alarm clock service, she had no choice but to keep herself from sleeping too deeply.

It felt like she had only rested for a moment when someone knocked on her door three times, jerking Xiao Hua awake with a heavy body and tired eyes.

Oh no! Did she wake up late?!

Hearing noise from the room, a young girl's voice entered the room. "Elder Sister Hua, Elder Sister An Jing had assigned me to help you."

Help her with what? (・・ ) ?

Xiao Hua climbed out of the bed and opened the door, disregard of how she looked currently after a night of toss and turn.

When the door opened, the young maid was shocked when she saw Elder Sister Hua had opened the door in her sleepwear! But to Xiao Hua, she did not mind other people seeing her in her so-called 'pajamas', especially when her sleepwear had covered her from neck to toe.

"Pardon me, Elder Sister Hua!" Xiao Hua was pushed back into the room and the other girl quickly shut the door so that no one accidentally saw something inappropriate!

Xiao Hua squint her eyes at the newcomer that was dressed in plain dark blue robes. "You look familiar."

"We met last night. My name is Si Si."

"Last night? Oh, you are one of the 13-year-olds."

"Yes, Elder Sister Hua."

Seeing the silly look on Elder Sister Hua's face, Si Si was relieved. She was forced to accept the task to serve Elder Sister Hua when no one was willing to. She knew it would be a tough chore as Xiao Hua was weird but Si Si was willing to endure it if that means she will get more chance to meet with the Third Prince. Her chance of her entering the inner maid ranks would increase once the Third Prince notices her competency!

Si Si was confident that the Third prince would one day remove Xiao Hua from her position. A maid that was weird and was not properly trained would not be useful to the Third prince at all.

Le XiaoTing's occupation in her original world does not need her to interact much with other people, except for her co-workers, boss and the lousy IT technicians that could not do a good job whenever she called them in. They even ignored her when she told them those wires will zap her one day!

This young lady is not happy being the first sacrifice to get those jerks to move their ass to do something about those wires! ((╬◣﹏◢))

As a result, she was not truly well versed in identifying sly foxes with double meaning behind their actions. However, this other girl's expression revealed eagerness that could not be hidden behind her half-baked polite smile.

Xiao Hua would normally just pass it off as a maid that was eager to serve her master, but she remembered she was just a newcomer, and a servant herself. How would there be a servant that willingly serves another servant?

"Si Si, did Sister An Jing ask you to show me what I should do?"

"No. Sister An Jing only tell Si Si to take care of your daily needs starting from today."

"But... I'm a maid, just like you," Xiao Hua's face revealed genuine confusion but she did not show her rising frustration that ignites her fire.

Due to the lack of sleep and confusion, her temper was way shorter than normal. The only reason she did not unleash her inner devil because she was still unclear if the other party was here because of unkind reasons or just eagerness to do her new job.