Vol 4 Chap 107

XH 107

"Liu Chu Chu had gifted the Emperor a small bottle filled with healing water."

In the barely lit study room, Long Zhu's face was unusually solemn, with an equally solemn Eunuch Lau Liu standing at the other side of the table.

"Father Emperor must be overjoyed upon receiving that gift."

The movement of Long Zhu's hands as he sorted out the piled-up documents on his table was a mesmerizing sight. It was gentle, seemingly putting on a show for the viewer, but none of his actions were a waste.

Such a contradiction was hard to achieve.

"The Emperor tested it on his old injury and it healed quickly."

"That's to be expected." After all, Xiao Hua had told him about the miraculous spring pool inside Liu Chu Chu's spatial dimensional ring.

"How is General Tang?"

"The general recovered quickly, but Madam Ping will need more time to recover. Tian Chi is tending to her injuries personally."

Long Zhu nodded. "They are getting bold, but we have to thank them for delivering General Tang to us."

Eunuch Lau Liu smiled slyly. "Indeed."

The reason why Liu Chu Chu would interrogate Ping Shui was that General Tang had lost their spy they had planted in South Guilin Village and even allowed the Third Prince's carriage to escape. Even if Long Shan trusted his long-time friend, he would not able to stop himself from doubting General Tang Jiang.

But Long Shan's fiancée, Liu Chu Chu, was one that does not trust people easily and preferred dangerous people with unknown loyalty to be discarded from her side. That was why she decided to capture the general's wife, who was known to be a member of the Third Prince's camp.

"I'm greatly indebted to Madam Ping for this incident," Long Zhu mused.

Long Zhu chuckled darkly, feeling a little self-disgust. Liu Chu Chu was someone he had thought to be full of talent, beautiful and intelligence in his first life. She was able to get out of trouble every time and even managed to put those that wished her harm into trouble instead.

He found her to be the perfect woman inside and out, but she helped Long Shan to kill him and his family.

In his second life, he saw the truth and the false clearly. He saw how cruel and unforgiving Liu Chu Chu was under her innocent appearance, and how easily Long Shan agreed to his fiancée's scheme.

They were a malicious couple that suited each other.

There might be a time where Long Zhu pitied Long Shan and Concubine He, but they decided to aim their swords at his innocent siblings just for their father Emperor's mistakes.

They thought him the lesson of 'Only the strong one will live'.

"How are the Tang family members?"

"They knew what happened and decided to hide in their house for now. The current head of Tang sent a letter to you my prince, if you manage to find them among the documents."

Long Zhu shot a dark look at his Imperial grandfather's previous eunuch. "Lau Liu, letter and official documents should be separated, as you had said previously."

Eunuch Lau Liu laughed softly. "Did I? This old man is getting old, unable to remember what I've said in the past."

As one that was used to Eunuch Lau Liu's antics, Long Zhu sighed in defeat and quickly sorted out the pile of documents that was rather too much for being absent for just a little more than a week.