Vol 5 Chap 137

XH 137

The gentle shake on her shoulder slowly dragged Xiao Hua back to the land of the living. She tried to ignore it but the shake continued patiently with the same rhythm, stopping her from going back to sleep.

"Wat?" Xiao Hua mumbled. She had fallen asleep with her head onto the pillow, so her words were muffled by her pillow that was surprisingly soft enough that she would not die from suffocation.

"The Empress had sent someone over to wake Xiao Hua up."

"Dun wan," Xiao Hua mumbled.

"Come on Xiao Hua~ Wake up and have a bath~"

Her brain itched, sensing that there was something wrong with the situation, yet she was still too tired to fully turn on her brain.

"Xiao Hua, the Empress is waiting for you~"

Finally, her brain clicked and Xiao Hua quickly sat up in surprise. "You are back, XiYing!"

With a laugh, Duan XiYing tried to fix Xiao Hua's bed hair, gently so that it would not be painful. "Yes~ Master had sent you a letter."

Xiao Hua visibly perked up, her sleepiness slowly dissipating. "The Third Prince sent a letter? Where?"

"Xiao Hua can read it after washing up and taking a bath~"

"Okay!"

"Why is Da Bei sleeping in your room?" Duan XiYing asked suddenly.

"...Er...." Xiao Hua was quickly rendered into speechless, her brain not working quick enough to supply herself a good excuse.

The first thing that Duan XiYing did when she returned back to the Third Prince's manor was seeking out Xiao Hua, as she could not help but worry her little miss would be caught up in mischief while she was away.

However, a Munzhu hostage servant, known as Er Yen, had passed her the message Tian Zi intended for her to receive upon returning back. It was a little disappointing to know that Xiao Hua did not leave her any message.

Picking up the letter that the Third Prince had sent back for Xiao Hua, she quickly dashed into the palace, and with help of her old skin, able to locate where Xiao Hua was. But she also found Da Bei sleeping on the floor inside the room Xiao Hua was sleeping in!

Da Bei, trained to be alert in all times, quickly went awake when he sensed Duan XiYing's piercing stare and quickly slipped out of the room with the thin blanket he used as his bed.

"I'm lonely," Xiao Hua admitted after she managed to rearrange her thoughts and wake up all her slumbering brain cells.

Wrapping her arms around Xiao Hua, Duan XiYing whined, "But Xiao Hua, XiYing is here and want to sleep with you~"

Doing her best to ignore the two soft objects pressing onto her cheeks, Xiao Hua explained, "You left to send a letter to Doctor Bai."

"So Xiao Hua is lonely when the master is not around? Xiao Hua usually sleeps with master every night?" If they did, Duan XiYing had no idea, as between their bedchamber, there was a connecting door, where they can enter each other's room without anyone's knowledge.

"What? No! I did not!" Xiao Hua hurriedly denied. "I'm just not used to this place and it's scary so I asked Da Bei to sleep in the room instead of outside to accompany me!"

"Where is Tian Zi?"

"She went to handle things with Steward Zheng back at the manor. She had yet to find the time to sleep," Xiao Hua said when she suddenly realized something wrong.