Vol 1 Chap 10 - Author's golden couple

Chapter 10

It was only after the bandits were successfully captured did An Jing, who was still carrying Xiao Hua in her arms, climbed out of the carriage with An Wan following behind. There were many large brown horses with humans riding on top, surrounding the Third prince's carriages.

"Xiao Hua!" Long Lian runs towards Xiao Hua, her beautiful face looked anxious.

"Are you alright Ah- princess?" Xiao Hua quickly corrected herself. It would not do to reveal her friendship with the princess in public just yet. No reason to cause people's eyes to turn green in envy.

"With the Third brother with me, no harm will come to me. But Xiao Hua is scared, right? Your face is pale. And you are shaking!"

Ah, princess. Please don't announce Xiao Hua's cowardice in public. (*/ω\)

"It's scary," Xiao Hua admitted honestly since her trembling was already known.

"I'm sorry... this brings back your bad memories."

Bad memories? Oh yes, the original Xiao Hua's village was ambushed by Munzhu Country's army troops previously. But what Long Lian did not know was that Xiao Hua only arrived in this world on her first day being sold to MongLu's household as a maid.

Xiao Hua gave the princess a shaky smile. "Sister An Jing said she will protect me so I am not that scared." But that was only after Xiao Hua figured out that An Jing knew martial arts.

"Are you alright Third Imperial brother?" The masculine and heroic voice that yelled 'charge' earlier moved his horse towards the Third Prince, who was standing beside his carriage with Da Liu behind him.

The heroic man was dressed in white armor that made him look muscular and strong. Standing before the Third Prince, he looked like he was greeting his wife after a long journey- Ah Pei!

Xiao Hua, stop imagining rotten stuff! (⁄ ⁄>⁄ ▽ ⁄<⁄ ⁄)

"What a coincidence to have the Second Imperial brother here. Thanks to your help, this younger brother is safe from the bandits." The Third prince's voice was filled warm and accompanied by a gentle smile.

Xiao Hua sighed dreamily. The Third Prince has a nice voice. It would be nice if he could hum a lullaby to put her to sleep.

"I'm on my way back to the capital when I notice your entourage attacked by bandits."

"It seems like congratulation is in order."

The Second prince did not reveal any satisfaction from receiving the congratulatory from his younger brother. "The rebellion in the south is no more."

"Did anything happen to the South Guilin Village?"

"It seems that the rebellions coincidentally chose their hideout near the South Guilin Village and planned to raid the village. I will give a full report to Father Emperor when I returned."

South Guilin Village? Isn't that the place where cannon fodder maid A and maid B was sent to?

"Father Emperor will be eager for your report." The Third prince's phoenix shaped eyes landed on a small white carriage that traveled along with the Second prince's troop.

"Oh? Are you escorting someone important, Second Imperial Brother? A beauty, perhaps?" The Third prince asked teasingly, but no one saw a hint of sinister flashed through his eyes. After the Third prince pointed out the carriage, everyone's attention went towards it.

Xiao Hua's eyes brightened. She remembered from the novel that when the hero went to subdue the rebellions, he met the heroine, who had just transmigrated into this world! The heroine dramatically killed off all the lechers that the original body's half-blooded elder sister had hired to dispose of her. The hero witnessed the cruelty and her weird martial arts and end up fallen in love with her after weeks of traveling together! When they returned to Guilin capital, the hero intended to marry her and make her his main wife.