Vol 4 Chap 116

XH 116

Fortunately, Xiao Hua was watching the Empress so she did not flinch from the loud bang from the slamming cup.

But...why was it rather easy to piss off the Empress? Shit! Σ(°△°|||)︴

This young lady thought I would need to trade a lot more insults before the Empress would snap when she finally unable to hold in her anger anymore!

The taller maid standing behind the Empress hurriedly took out a napkin and wiped the Empress' hand that was covered with tea from the earlier move. Fortunately, most of the warm tea had landed on the Empress' dark red sleeves instead and protected most of her skin.

If the Empress was not a cultivator, her fingers would gotten burn from the hot tea!

"Hurry and kneel before Her Highness to beg for forgiveness!" The shorter maid with a fierce scowl demanded as she glared at Xiao Hua.

Xiao Hua felt her knees shake when a fierce pressure hit her, which seems to be coming from the shorter maid. She would have fallen onto her knees if Duan XiYing had not stepped in front of her, blocking the pressure.

"This sister, the Empress had yet to say anything, yet you stepped out to sentence punishment on Her Highness' behalf. Being our master's servant, you should know what your master desires after years of serving the Empress. XiYing knows that the Empress is kind and forgiving, and would not discipline Elder Sister Hua for speaking the truth in a bold manner as she is still learning etiquette and language. XiYing will properly educate Elder Sister Hua when we return to avoid offending Your Highness again."

Thank you Big Sis XiYing! 。゚(TヮT)゚。

"Impudent!" The Empress growled and slammed her hand onto the table with a loud bang. Her hairpin swings violently from the movement, and it shines from the reflection of the light. As an Empress, it was only suitable for her hair to wear numerous hairpins, but the current swinging and shine made her hair look like a decorated Christmas tree.

Xiao Hua wondered if the Empress' anger had momentarily blocked the pain or that she had banged her palms on a hard surface for so many times that she no longer felt pain from it.

"Xin Dan, step back and remember your position," The Empress reprimanded after she had gotten her temper back into control.

It was laughable how a girl half her age would be able to make her this angry and even managed to break her composure that she was so proud of. This girl knew her sensitive point, which was her son's unreasonable indulgence towards a lowly maid, and used it to drive the knife into her wound repeatedly!

Xin Dan, the shorter maid that had been pulled into the mud by Duan XiYing, docilely stepped back, her anger wisely hidden. "This servant is wrong, Your Highness. Please punish this servant for being foolish!" Never once had she been scolded for acting this way before, but that maid dressed in a clinging purple robe spoke words that made the Empress put all the blame on her!

"I will look past it this time. Don't do it again or I will not be forgiving!" The Empress had no desire to punish Xin Dan, for she had not minded her actions. Punishing Xin Dan would please the lowly maid and injuring her pride!

Xin Lin, the taller inner maid that wiped the Empress' hand previously, replaced the Empress' cup with a new one as the previous one could no longer be used with a long line of crack on the surface. She had even prepared a cup for Xiao Hua, which the Empress belatedly noticed.

"How forgetful of me. I've yet to offer you a seat. Surprisingly, my neck does not hurt while talking to you, so this Empress did not notice," The Empress said in a regretful manner but her phoenix shaped eyes showed her glee.