Chapter Twenty

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   I n
O U R  F R E E D O M
_________________________________

I stared, stunned. "Your–your camp?"

Elle smiled, taking the map from my hands. "Here." She told me, pointing to the area I had been referring to a few moments ago. "We would take the longest route, as to avoid both the most populated town and the coastal area." She told us. "It would probably take us about three to four hours to get there if we drove—but we won't be able to travel in a vehicle in this weather." She paused, looking up at us for a response.

"Wait–" Elle peered at me. "Your camp? Your camp?"

Elle rolled her eyes at me. "Yes, Alexi, my camp. It's a camp and I partly own it."

"'Partly'?" Jameson asked, echoing Elle.

"Well, yes, partly—but it might as well be mine anyway." She said, reasserting herself as she shoved the paper back into my hands and crossed her arms over her chest. I blinked. She has a camp? Here?

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" I asked her, "it would've made things much more easier." I told her, kind of annoyed that the answer was under our noses the whole time—if only Elle would've told us.

"You already had your plan figured out by the time I got to you." Elle explained, though I didn't buy it.

"We could've easily changed our plan." Elle gave me the kind of smile I reckon she usually gives people when she's about to crush them.

"And what about Sky?"

The only sound I heard next was a series of crunching noises. I crossed my arms over my chest. "What about Sky?" I asked, refusing to be defeated.

Wait, crunching noises?

"I'd like to know too, Lexi." I span around, almost slipping on the icy ground. And there she was, Sky Forest. "And I'd also like to know what you guys are doing out here without me anyway." She said, seeming quite disheartened.

Jameson extended an arm to embrace her. "Did you come out here alone?" He asked her, trying to wrap her up in his arms.

But she pushed him away. "Yes, and I'm not a child." She eyed Jameson and I. "If you didn't find your other two accomplices, maybe I'd still be relevant to you both." With that, she span, and with more finesse than me—surprisingly—and strode off. When I saw who greeted her on the other side of the snow, my heart fell slightly.

Jace helped her over the ice, and then the pair neared the back entrance to the hotel. Jace turned to look over his shoulder, and I couldn't help but follow after them.

Jameson caught my arm. "Maybe you should give her time—you know that more than I do." I did know that. In fact, I was the one that taught him the importance of giving Sky her space.

"I'm not going after her." Was all I said, before I rushed off after the pair.

Jace held the door open for Sky, and then I watched them slide into the building. I hurried after them, and was shocked when the door opened again for me.