Chapter Eighty-Four

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   I n
O U R  F R E E D O M
_________________________________

A L E X I

I tugged my suitcase across the grass, walking up the sloped entrance to our new house. When I finally saw what was waiting for us behind the orchard, I halted, my mouth falling open.

"Are you taking us to your playboy mansion?" I called out to Elle, who overtook me amid my shook.

She didn't respond for a while and just kept on walking. "Calm down, Lexi, it's not that exciting!" She shouted over her shoulder.

Jace soon caught up to me and rose an eyebrow at me before we started walking again.

"I honestly didn't think her houses could get any bigger," I retorted to Jace as we approached the house.

Jace stifled a laugh, "You've only seen two, Lex," He responded, though looking slightly amazed at the size and design of the house himself.

The house was perfectly preened, crystal windows and what looked like a fresh layer of white paint adorning the outside walls. The driveway was big enough to hold maybe five cars, even though we only had two, and the path up to the house was cobblestone. As if that wasn't already enough, it had quite a few acres of private land, in fact before we mounted the hill, we had to unlock our very own silver-painted gate.

I felt like I was a planet away from my childhood, in which I had travelled between council flats, in need of both more money and better parents.

Jace and I met Elle by the black double doors, crafted with rose gold features, including a rose gold set of door handles and a rose gold doorbell and knocker. I wasn't into interior design but even I just pretty much died.

The others soon caught up to us, and I turned when I saw Kim wiping condensation off one of the windows and looking in.

"Hell." She said, intriguing me. When she caught me watching, she turned to wink at me. I frowned at her, laughing.

Elle finally unlocked the door, heading straight for the beeping alarm, entering the code from the papers she was holding before turning to smile at us.

"Welcome home." She said, gesturing for us to come in.

We all walked in, mouths and eyes wide as we discarded our shoes and coats. Elle soon disappeared down the hallway, which was when Sky appeared by my side suddenly.

Ever since finding out that her daughter was pregnant, Elle had been ignoring Sky—or choosing nicely not to speak to her. For someone who had tried so hard to get back in touch with her daughter, Elle was acting as if she wanted to give her up for adoption now.

I had spoken to her a few times, and I think I understood that she wasn't necessarily fuming, just slightly angry and slightly concerned. She wasn't ready to abandon Sky, but she had definitely made Sky feel as though she was.

I grabbed onto her hand, "Come on, let's go find some rooms." She smiled at me, adjusting her bag on her shoulder and picking up her suitcase.