✧ a-side recap / b-side begins ✧

Jameson and Sky survive the fire which took place at the end of the second book.

It is revealed that Alexi has a crush on Jace, and has done for a while now.

Sky's biological mother, Elle Beaufort, joins the team's mission.

The team are joined by Sapphire and Jonah and stay at an out-of-the-way hotel for a while.

It is revealed that Alexi is scared of the dark.

The team is joined by Avery, Bria, Cassie, and Cassie's surprise child, Colton Wilson.

The team set off for Elle's camp and stay at a hotel for some rest-bite, encouraged by Jace on behalf of Lexi.

Sky finds out that she is adopted, and that her real mother is Elle Beaufort.

Alexi feels the weight of an unrequited love. Always worshipping Sky.

The team arrive at Elle's camp, where Sky meets her biological father, Richard, who attacks Lexi upon arrival.

Alexi wakes up in the middle of the night feeling restless. She spots a dark figure in the night lurking in the garden. She prepares for battle, but is taken down by the mystery person with a knife.

Alexi wakes up three days later, and Elle and Jameson have used the time to grow closer.

Jace tends to Lexi's wounds and she falls more deeper into her love spell.

Elle puts together a belated birthday party for Lexi, who is too focused on her torment with her heart to find it entertaining. She finds comfort in bad habits—smoking—with Jonah.

Alexi is anxious to leave the camp after her encounter with the mysterious man, and persuades Kim to escape with her for the day. Sky follows. Trouble ensues when the trio are attacked.

They survive, but their friends are angered by their recklessness.

Jameson approaches Lexi and the pair get into a fight. Jace defends Lexi and an argument flames between the boys.

Lexi buries herself under conspiracies with the help of loved-up couple Saph and Jonah in order to avoid the boys.

Jace and Lexi soon realise that there is something wrong with the timings of their mission that took place at the end of the second book.

Lexi confronts Richard and Elle about the issue but is tossed aside.

The team finally leave Elle's camp.

The team are prepared for battle with weapons and start their march with high spirits.

Alexi and Jace are attacked on a clifftop.

Alexi falls.