Chapter Sixty-Nine

Okay it's the 21st of May.
I just finished season two of Thirteen Reasons Why.
Honestly, there were many good and bad parts. (I wished Hannah would just raise from the dead for one, and also omg the scene in the last episode...my ship)
But also, it was mostly bad stuff—I mean it's 13RW, what did I expect?
I just wanted to just hop on in here and say that if you need help, get help. Please.
There is nothing wrong with seeking help; you are stronger when you speak out.
I don't know if this message will stay here, but if it does, I hope everyone is okay.
Also, if you haven't watched it yet, please be wary that there are some horrible, possibly triggering scenes.
Much Love,
Author who doesn't mean to make you upset, but if you are, please reach out to family, friends, or a helpline.
x x x

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   I n
O U R  F R E E D O M
_________________________________

S K Y

I think we all shivered.
But it lasted for more than just a second.
More than just a moment.
We were trembling.

We tried to halt the shaking by holding on to each other, but the truth is, we would've started an earthquake.

It felt like we were standing on top of an earthquake. It was shaking us, and it never stopped. Even when we fell down on our knees and began to cry.

My mum stopped pacing suddenly. "We need a plan."

"A plan?" Jace yelled, making me jump. "We need to leave!"

My mum pinched the bridge of her nose and then began to pace once more.

Richard cleared his throat. "We don't have to leave."

I saw as Bria scoffed, but my ears were ringing suddenly and I didn't know why; I couldn't hear her. "So we stay here? Waiting for them to come back? That's stupid. Fucking stupid."

Jameson's dad shook his head. "We don't have to swear, or raise voices–"

"–no, we need to leave!" Jace yelled. I watched them as my mother flinched. I had never seen her falter before. Never. Seeing her slip into a state of weakness sent me into a frenzy.

"I agree with Richard. If we leave, we provoke them." Kathleen said, but I don't think I could ever agree with her view. Not when it was coming from her.

"I agree, too," Cassie said suddenly, shocking Avery, who was sitting next to her. "Maybe I'm biased, but I can't be on the run with a one-year-old. He doesn't deserve this." She said, before gazing down at her son, tears in her eyes.

"He also doesn't deserve to lose his mother, but that's what it'll come to if we stay," Jace argued. I don't think anyone had ever seen him so passionate—so angry.

Jameson, beside me, was silent. But he was trembling. Just like the rest of us still were.

Toby stepped forward suddenly. "We don't even know who these monsters are—or, at least, I don't have research that hint at who they are—we can't run from something if we don't know what it is. We'll run straight into them."

"That isn't your place to–" Jace was growing very angry, but Richard quickly interrupted him.

"We'll have to do a vote. Everyone's opinion matters."