Chapter Sixty-Six

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s I n 
O U R F R E E D O M
_________________________________

A L E X I

It was ten or so minutes after dinner had ended and I was helping Elle and Jace clear away the table.

"I have plates!" I called, entering the kitchen to see Jace and Elle engaged in what looked like a private discussion.

I frowned at them, "did I interrupt something?" I asked, my eyes flitting between them.

Elle shook her head, "pass them to Jace, only a few at a time though."

Confused, I passed a few plates at a time to Jace, who washed them up in the sink before giving them to Elle.

A man who cleans.
Oh, golly.

"Can't we use your amazing, high-tech, modern and can-wash-things-easier dishwasher?" I asked Elle, watching her pull a face as she dried a plate.

"There's already stuff in there." She told me.

It was now my turn to pull a face. Though, I didn't get much out of it since the three of us soon fell silent.

Jace and Elle having taken ages doing whatever they were doing, I soon wandered off into my thoughts.

And soon, I found myself back to earlier. Back to when Jace kissed me.

I think for a moment I was too shocked to move. And then I kicked myself into action.

The kiss, oh, the kiss.

It didn't last very long at all, but I felt every single heat warm my heart when it did last. When Jace pulled away, I think I realised just how much I adored him. How much I loved him.

I stared up at him, watching him stare down at me. "What..." he smiled down at me as I fumbled.

"I heard that if you occupy moving lips then the person would stop talking."

I recognised what he had said, probably because I had said it after I first kissed him.

"I said that," I responded, making him grin.

"You did, Lex."

I grinned up at him, the nickname, as always, charming me.

"Lex." He repeated. I frowned. "Lex." He said again.

"Lex?"

I froze, my eyes refocusing suddenly. Then I was very aware of both Jace and Elle staring at me.

"Can I have the rest of the plates, please?" He asked politely, frowning over at me.

I looked between him and the plates. Then I shoved them into his hands before actually running away.

I got to the hallway when I came to a halt in front of the power couple themselves. Sky and Jameson.

"You guys really pick your times, excuse me!" I tried to slip in the gap between them since that's the only way I could escape, but then Jameson closed the gap, making me freeze.

I huffed. "I won't push an injured man, Jameson, but I may be forced to if you don't grant me access," I said, my eyes narrowing at him.

Sky crossed her arms over her chest. "What's going on?" She asked.

I sighed, realising that I was trapped. "Running from Jace; he's scary."

Sky pulled a face, "I thought you liked him."