Chapter Sixty-Five

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   I n
O U R  F R E E D O M
_________________________________

S K Y

"I'm so glad you're okay, Jameson."

I sat awkwardly beside Jameson on our bed as his parents stood opposite.

He smiled. "So am I." I tried to hide my laugh, but Kath's piercing eyes caught it. And suddenly I was on edge again. Jameson noticed this, and placed his palm on my knee, which aggravated Kath more.

"We'll leave you to wash, and then you'll be down for dinner?" It was Jim who spoke, placing his hand onto his wife's shoulder. He must've sensed the tension, though it wouldn't exactly be hard to miss.

"Of course." Jameson said, smiling up at his father.

They soon left, though Kath made him promise to report to her if he was feeling unwell.

I exhaled when the door was shut, before turning to Jameson. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

He stifled a laugh. "Regarding my parents or my wound?" He asked one response.

I rolled my eyes, before I placed my lips on his. The kiss, as always, was made of pure magic and bound by heat.

I pulled back and smiled at Jameson. "Yes, I'm okay." He told me, making my smile grow.

"Why didn't you tell me you were injured sooner?" I asked him, running my fingers down the side of his face.

"I didn't want it to get in the way of Saph, never mind the mission. It was just something I thought I could deal with on my own. As always, I need you." He told me, gazing down at me.

I smiled. "As much as I'm complimented, you shouldn't just need me. You have your parents here with you now, and you have Jace."

Jameson pulled a face at me. "I wouldn't even tell my parents that I cut my fingernails too short, and where did Jace even come into this?"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, what about Lexi?"

Jameson thought about this. "She's only good for problems regarding you, or if I need tips on my gorgeously curled hair."

I laughed at that, shaking my head at him. "Okay, Jonah?"

Jameson's face turned grave. "Even if I had anything to tell him, he's grieving right now." I nodded, then realised where this left us and sighed.

"So you see, I only need you." He told me.

I know he was only trying to be romantic, but I still tried to find other solutions. "What about my mum?" I asked.

"Right, so I just tell her about my erectile dysfunction?"

I stared at him. "You have that?" I asked after a few moments.

Jameson laughed. "No, it was a hypothetical argument." He said before proceeding to laugh harder. I rolled my eyes but joined in briefly.