Chapter Forty-Four

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s I n 
O U R F R E E D O M
_________________________________

"So, we propose that our group may be: Sky, Jameson, Alexi, Jace, Elle, Sapphire, and Jonah. We hope you'll agree to this sub-mission."

Jameson lowered the paper he was holding out in front of him, before outstretching his arm and handing it to Richard, who frowned down at it, Elle joining him over his shoulder.

Effectively, the paper held our mission proposal. I didn't really feel as though we needed to tell Richard about our arrangements, but Jameson immediately shut me down by saying that he wouldn't just let his wife wander off without a word.

Love works like that.

I stared at them both stonily, already preparing their punishments if they didn't oblige.

Then, a startling smile appeared on Richard's lips. "Okay." He said, handing the paper back to Jameson and nodding.

We all just stared.

I relaxed my arms, letting them fall from where they were once wound across my chest. "Don't you have any questions?" I asked, my confused eyes flitting between Elle and Richard, watching them exchange amused glances.

"My only question is why did you not come up with this plan earlier? I admit, it's a good plan." I stared at Richard, unable to even think of the English language. What is the English language?

"It was Jace's idea." Sky said, jerking her thumb over to Jace, who stood to my right, as she grinned. Richard, already keen on Jace, nodded with rich approval.

"Well, Lex also had the same idea." Jace said, fumbling slightly. Usually he was a man of control, though he was also modest. And beautiful. Very beautiful.

I turned as I saw someone looking at me from the corner of my eye, spotting Sky as she mouthed, "'Lex'?"

I watched her confusion increase as I smiled, my heart fluttering, before I shrugged and looked away.

How could she not know? By now I think my obsession was way too obvious.

"Well, you're both very smart," Richard commented, surprising me to the actual bone.

I exchanged a glance with Jace, who just beamed at me.

Mood lightened, Richard clasped his hands together. "We must gear you up," he said, before outstretching his arms, "follow me to the armoury."

Jameson took the lead, and I fell back to mouth at Sky, "'armoury'?" Sky just shrugged in response, craning her head to look around Jace as we were led to the back of the house.

Exiting the house, Richard took us to what looked like a garage—well, I'd always thought it was one whenever I came out for a cigarette.

When Richard clicked a button on his keys and the screen rose, I gasped, realising that it was, in fact, an armoury.

Seeing our expressions, Richard laughed. "The cars are at the back, behind the wall."

"I don't think it's the cars we're concerned about." I said, my eyes jumping around the room. I brushed past the others and made it to the front, before stepping into the armoury, falling in love with every weapon I laid my eyes on.