Chapter Fifty-Seven

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   I n
O U R  F R E E D O M
_________________________________

S K Y

Jameson shut the door behind him, sighing. This bedroom was much more quaint than our one at my parent's house—it still felt weird to call them that.

I sat down on the edge of our bed, looking up and around at the room. The walls were painted a very fair pink, and a wallpaper of purple flowers covered the lengths of the walls.

I turned to look at Jameson, having noticing he hadn't moved much from the door.

I patted the spot beside me. "Come sit down." I told him, watching him hesitate before walking over to the bed and slowly sitting down. He didn't look at me when he was seated, and his fingers were interlocked on his lap.

"How are you?" I asked him, watching him blow out a breath.

"It's all so weird." He told me without looking at me.

"Did you ever suspect it?" I questioned in response, reaching out to run my fingers across the side of his face.

He seemed to relax at that. "No," he told me, "I hated him. I guess maybe that was the biggest sign."

I scoffed. "Because all siblings hate each other?"

Jameson finally turned to look at me, a slight smile on his face. "Makes sense." He joked, making me smile in response. I leaned over suddenly, embracing him.

"You don't always have to pretend you're okay; you just found out that Jace Clarke is your brother," I pulled back suddenly, "and that would shock me too."

Jameson laughed at that, before he tucked tendrils of my hair behind my hair tenderly. He leaned in to kiss me, and I think I felt my body slip into an ocean of fire.

It didn't burn, though, it felt amazing.

We both seemed to agree on that, too, since our clothes no longer remained on our body.

I can't really put into words what happened next. With the one you love, and at the right moment, there is no other feeling. And for that reason, I refuse to believe that what Jameson and I did could ever be put down into words. It's absolutely indescribable; and the magic is in letting it stay that way.

"Well, at least we can say we did it in your parents house."

Jameson laughed at that, running his fingers down the side of my face. "And your parents' house."

"And a tent in the middle of the woods." I put in, looking up to see Jameson's eyes widening.

"You said you'd never tell anyone!" I laughed, pushing Jameson's side playfully.

After a few moments silence, I suddenly said, "it kind of makes sense."

Jameson hummed questioningly in response.

I twirled a strand of my hair. "The fact that Jace is your brother."

Jameson groaned. "Really, Sky? This is what you choose to think about after we've had sex?"