Chapter Fifty-Three

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   I n
O U R  F R E E D O M
_________________________________

S K Y
(😈)

What awoke me a few hours later was either the rising sun or the worry I had for Alexi, despite how long after the horror it now was.

I rolled over, meeting Jameson's side, which of course comforted me instantly.

He shifted as I nudged him accidentally, and I watched as he craned his neck to smile down at me.

"Morning, Beautiful."

I couldn't help but grin at the greeting, yet I looked up and laughed. "See, now we have too much freedom; we've become that couple."

Jameson chuckled in response, pulling me closer and taking his eyes off me to look up at the tent ceiling, which was illuminated by the dawn sun.

"And what if I want to be 'that' couple?" He asked, making me stifle a small laugh.

I shrugged. "I guess then it's okay, JJ." Jameson's arm twitched, but I knew he wasn't upset; he kept his arm around me, holding me.

I buried myself into his side, squeezing my eyes shut. "Do we have to get up?" I complained, revelling in the heat and comfort his body brought to me.

Jameson took a few moments to respond. "I can hear someone walking around, so yes, pretty soon, and also you may want to check if Alexi is still alive."

At that, I pushed myself up and away from his side, and then proceeded to slap his chest. He laughed at the response, but then reached up to tuck locks of hair behind my ear, the kind of look in his eyes that he always got when he was this close to me. I'm pretty sure the look told me that I was the only one. The only one he loved.

With that, I pressed a last kiss to his forehead, took my water bottle and left the tent. As I made my way over to Lexi and Jace's tent, I took sips of my water. I approached the tent slowly, and then paused to listen out for any audible talking.

There didn't seem to be any, so I just went right in and decided to unzip the tent. Expecting them to be about five metres apart because of the distance in relationship, you could imagine my surprise when I found them practically on each other.

Exaggeration, but they were enveloped in each other's embrace.

Perhaps they got very cold overnight, or maybe they both moved around a lot. The latter was evident by the fact that the duvet underneath them was very unkept.

Well, I didn't come here to judge the tidiness, I came to see if Lexi was alive—which she is. I smiled at the pair of them, taking in the odd sight for one last time, and then I backed out of the tent.

I yelped when I felt my foot meet something hard. I turned to see Elle standing behind me, arms crossed over her chest.

I swallowed, and then gave her a greeting smile.

"What are we looking at?" She asked, peering over my shoulder and into the tent, which is when an unfamiliar look crossed over her eyes. The edges of her lips upturned slightly, too.