Chapter Eighty-Six

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   I n
O U R  F R E E D O M
_________________________________

A L E X I

"You know," I begun, breaking up a very awkward silence as we watched Bria introduce Mel to everyone, then continue to kiss her. I stirred my orange juice with a toothpick, "everyone has their kinks, I just never knew that Bria's was sleeping with the enemy. I mean, I thought mine was weird–"

Sky left the table suddenly, leaving me with her boyfriend and his brother, or my boyfriend and his brother. Either way, it's the same thing.

"Kink?" Jace asked suddenly, "What's your kink?" I cleared my throat, downing my orange juice as if it were alcohol.

Watching Sky grab Bria and pull her away from Mel, I too left the table. Jace frowned up at me. "I'm going to...follow Sky. You too can bond, or something."

With that, I span on one foot and headed in the direction that Sky had left in.

Someone grabbed my arm suddenly, yanking me into them. "You dare mess this up, and I'll tell all your friends just how impulsive you really are."

I cleared my throat, pulling my arm back into my chest, shooting daggers at Mel as she smirked at me. "They already know," I told her before stalking off.

I pressed my ear against the dining-room door, hearing the voices inside. I twisted the door handle, entering without permission.

Bria span around, tears evidently in her eyes as she spotted me.

She rolled her eyes, "Great. What are you doing here?"

I held my hands up in surrender, "I'm just here to support Sky." I told her.

She crossed her arms over her chest, "Then I should have someone here to support me too," she said, narrowing her eyes at me.

I smiled, leaning into the wall, "I'll do both."

Bria stared at me, "You hate me."

I shrugged, "Then I'll just support Sky then."

Bria stared at me for a few seconds, probably mulling over all that I just said, before she huffed and whirled around on Sky. "I don't understand why this is such a problem," she yelled, "why do you have to dictate who I date?"

"Because you're dating the enemy!" Sky yelled back:

Bria shook her head, "You were the one that encouraged me to love who I wanted to love, just as long as it wasn't you because you weren't programmed the way that I was."

"Okay but seriously?" I began, making both girls roll their eyes at me. "I can understand that you obviously have a type—I mean, they basically look the same," I ignored the glare Sky threw me at that, "but you really downgraded."

The pair stared at me. Sometimes I feel as though I should not be a diplomat.

"That's not even half the problem," I began again, "this is a dangerous risk you're taking."