Chapter Thirty-Three

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   I n
O U R  F R E E D O M
_________________________________

"I have a question," Sapphire announced as she approached me, giving the group the first conversation in about twenty minutes.

After I nearly had my throat torn apart, Richard welcomed us inside—and apologised for the violent confrontation earlier. Since, Jace has been pestering me, noticing the red marks growing around my neck, constantly asking if I was okay.

Elle, on the other hand, couldn't keep her hands off the Beau to her Fort.

Sky seemed less than amused by the scene in front of us—PDA from her parents.

I barely turned to look at Sapphire as I responded. "Please enlighten us." It was sarcastic, but she continued anyway.

"If you're such an amazing Guardian, then how did this dollop manage to get you on the ground." I watched as she gestured to Richard as the 'dollop'.

I threw her a wink. "He's not the only male that's ever wanted to get me on the ground." I watched as Sky, who was beside Sapphire, scrunched up her face in disgust. Bria seemed scandalised, and Sapphire faked puking.

"That's disgusting." She commented.

"At least it was only verbal—that is real." I noted, nodding over to Elle and Richard.

After a few moments, they finally welcomed us to sit down in what was a weird sitting room. The whole place was some warehouse turned house and so was very strange, but I could support the weird interior.

We hesitantly took our seats, eyeing the couple. Jace sat next to me, peering at my neck once more. I ignored him, since I didn't want to throw my death glare at the man I actually liked.

"Welcome to our home," Richard said, pouring out glasses of water.

I think we all just blinked.

Jace cleared his throat, never forgetting his manners. "Thank you." Was all he said, but the smile on his face didn't leave his manners out in the cold.

Richard nodded, passing around the glasses of water.

"I'll introduce everyone." Elle announced, sensing that a wave of silence was about to hit.

Richard nodded, confirming it as a good idea.

"So we have Bria, she's the youngest M.F.T.R.W in the mission but–"

"What did you just say?" I asked, leaning forward, "what did you call her?" I reiterated.

Elle frowned, faltering at the interruption. "M.F.T.R.W—it's what she is."

I shook my head, frowning. "She's a Special One—an S.O." I told her, watching Richard's face contort into disgust.

"Devil raised children," he muttered, "you guys are the unlucky ones, I'll let you know that now." He told us, before taking a sip of his drink.

Elle placed a palm on his knee, probably trying to calm him.

Despite the fact that I was mildly offended by his devil comment, I continued to frown.