Chapter Twenty-Nine

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s I n 
O U R F R E E D O M
_________________________________

The others and I exchanged suitcases out of the boot of the car, making sure that the first group's suitcases were in the car. When it was done, we then had to argue over who was driving.

"–as long as you can drive, Jace, I think it should be you." Elle announced, hauling Bria's suitcase over to the boot over the car. I crossed my arms over my chest in defiance. I kind of wanted to drive.

"Well, I never learnt to, so I can't." Sky said sourly. I knew that Sky always wanted to learn; life gets in the way sometimes, and Sky wasn't too happy about it.

"I second that. But I'm not really at that age anyway." Bria said, braiding her hair behind her head.

"You can do that too." I noted, gesturing to her hair. She frowned, before she understood what I was saying and nodded. I was impressed; even some female Guardians had trouble braiding their hair when it was in their sight.

"If you wanted," I heard Jace say, "you could sit in the front and watch me drive?" He proposed. But it wasn't to me. It was to Sky. Great. I watched her smile and accept.

I glowered at them both as they got into the car. Elle must've caught the look I was giving them, because she glanced between me and Sky's disappearing body into the car.

"She's quite the catch, huh?" She seemed to acknowledge, smiling to herself slightly.

I huffed. "I'm blaming your Holy Genes for that." I said, stomping my foot before starting for the car. I got into the left side of the car, since Bria had taken the right, before slamming the door.

Elle opened it a few moments later, gesturing for me to shift over. I sighed, before moving over to the middle seat.

"Was that supposed to be a compliment?" Elle asked, slipping into the car and shutting the door behind her.

"Was what meant to be a compliment?" Sky asked from the front, becoming intrigued. She hadn't really directly asked Elle, but she did turn around so that she was looking at us.

"You should've sat here." I snapped at Bria, ignoring Sky and directing my anger at Bria. She held her hands up in surrender.

"I promise I didn't ruin your stilettos." She said, making Sky stifle a laugh before she turned around in her seat. I ignored them both, not even buckling myself in. Whilst this was all going on, Sapphire jumped through the many suitcases and sat in the back.

"Can someone explain how I made it back here? On my own?" She yelled from the back.

"You'll be fine." Elle said, glancing back at Sapphire. I heard Sapphire huff, before buckling herself in. I was now the only one not buckled in.

Jace waited, though, looking into the mirror at me. Elle sighed, and handed me the belt. I snatched it from her hands, leaning over to shove it in. Then I caught Bria's hands.

She yelped, pulling her hands away and cradling her right one. "That was my hand!" She yelled at me.

"Well you shouldn't have had them there." I responded, keeping my tone even, but low.