Chapter Twenty-Two

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   I n
O U R  F R E E D O M
_________________________________

In my room, I busied myself by digging through the hamper, then reorganising it. I think I did this about five times before I heard the door click open and then shut.

I heard footsteps approach me, hovering behind me from where I sat cross-legged on the floor.

I sighed. "I know, you're on Sky's side, you don't have to tell me." It made my heart break a little, but it was true.

I heard a few shuffles, and I think maybe he was removing his coat. "You should know by now that I don't take sides."

I rolled my eyes, despite the fact that he couldn't see me. "If you did, we all know you'd side with Sky any day." Moments of silence followed this.

"Well, if I'm honest, I think perhaps you were a little too harsh."

And there it was.

I jumped up, startling him slightly. "There you go, siding with her. You really need to get over your obsession; she loves Jameson."

His face morphed into a very sour face. It was so insulting, in fact, that it kind of hurt me.

"You know nothing about me. Not my feelings, my thoughts, nor my obsessions—if any." With that, he grabbed his previously discarded coat and stormed out of the room.

I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest, something that people had always said made me look defensive—I was just trying to hold myself together.

I've just pushed both Sky and Jace away—and probably right into each other's arms. If it wasn't for Jameson, I was afraid that they'd literally be in each other's arms.

I closed my eyes to think for a while. I had to be rational.

When I thought I had it together, I broke out of my trance, pulled the charger out of my hamper and put my phone on charge.

Whilst I waited for it to restore itself, I rifled through the hamper and the wardrobe, looking for any other clothing items that weren't jumpers and jeans or leggings. Admittedly, they were sports leggings, but I was no longer in the mood to train.

I wanted to let out my anger another way.
The dangerous way.

I would have to compose myself for a few hours, though, since it was barely the afternoon.

As I was scrolling through my phone on my bed, I heard a knock on the door.

"It's open!" I yelled from where I sat, back against the head of the bed and my legs spread out in front of me.

The door clicked open before I heard, "hey, still spreading your legs even when you're on the run, I see."

I turned to see Kim Constella, a fellow life of the party like myself. I rolled my eyes but sniggered at her joke nonetheless. I knew she'd never admit it, but I think she wanted to be as chilled out as I was. I mean, come on, my therapy is to make out with guys. Kim, although a real club girl at heart, was much more calm and rational now that she had a charge. But maybe she could loosen up if she was away from Cassie...