Chapter Sixty-Seven

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   I n
O U R  F R E E D O M
_________________________________

S K Y

I yawned, watching as our new recruits filed in. Two weeks had passed since Sapphire Davis had died. I vowed that I'd reach for our freedom, that I'd try as hard as I could for her, for Angela, for Carter.

They didn't die in vain.
They died for freedom.

We had been welcoming a steady flow of new recruits every few days, as long as they had been proven trustworthy. The process was tiresome, but I enjoyed watching our plan steadily unfold.

"Did you want to go up to bed?" Jameson asked, pulling me to his side as we watched Alexi and Jace welcome the next three recruits. They had become awfully close lately.

I shook my head at Jameson. "Look, there are only two more," I said, stepping forward to greet the final two with friendly smiles. A tap on my arm diverted my attention from the guests and I turned to see that it was Toby.

"I found more stuff." He said, holding up a wad of paper.

I sighed, rubbing at my tired eyes. "Toby you got here last week and I've already got more paper on my desk than there are trees still left in the world. Please, just give it to someone else—maybe Lexi; she's good with that stuff." I said, watching him roll his eyes but retreat, walking over to Lexi. I felt as someone snaked their arms around my waist, pulling my attention away from Toby and Lexi.

"Can we go now?" The person asked, leaning down to rest his chin on my shoulder.

I swivelled around in his arms, smiling up at him. "The quicker we go, the more time we have." I winked at him, before grabbing his hand and leading him out of the room.

As we ascended the stairs, we saw Cassie walking down the stairs carefully, Colton in her arms.

"Use protection," she said when she noticed us climbing the stairs. "These things are hard." She gestured to Cole, who was babbling away in her arms.

Jameson and I shared a look at that, before rushing to our bedroom in my parents' house and shutting ourselves in.

"Hard days work," I paused to kiss Jameson, who was pulling down the sleeves of my dress. "Deserves a," I said, before pressing my lips on his again, "hell of a night."

Jameson hummed in agreement, and then he took me to the bed.

When we were done, it was ten at night, and we were tangled up in each other's embrace.

"Wow." Jameson exhaled, brushing his hair back.

I hummed in response, my cheek resting against Jameson's chest. "I don't even want to look at the condom." I joked, making Jameson laugh.

"Yeah," he agreed, before shifting and tossing the condom into the bin. I'm sure it was all piling up now.

"I feel like...like even Alexi would disapprove of us right now," I said suddenly, feeling Jameson shift beside me.

"You're thinking about Alexi right now?" He asked in response.

I rolled my eyes, pushing myself up so that I could look at him. "I mean, we're having frequent sex."

Jameson rose an eyebrow. "That's a problem?" He asked, sounding completely bewildered.

I laughed. "No, of course not, I just feel like Lexi's usually the one with bragging rights on her sex life," I said, tracing the lines of his abs with my index finger.