Ten

Nova squinted her eyes as she slowly sat up in her crib

Nova squinted her eyes as she slowly sat up in her crib. She had to rub her eyes to help them adjust in the darkness of the room, considering it was still in the middle of the night.

The past hours of the night have been horrible for her, she kept waking up multiple times from anxiety and couldn't calm down.

She felt the need to always keep her eyes out for something to harm her.

Nova's tired eyes took a glance at the pink, digital clock on the night stand beside the bed.

3:52 am

The seventeen year old whimpered, realizing it still wasn't time for her to get 'out of bed', and there was still many hours until the boys would come get her out.

She just wanted the morning to get here.

Nova sighed, trying to lay back down but stopped as a sharp pain hit her lower abdomen and she already knew why it hurt. Her bladder has been needing to go badly and her body was giving a consequence for not doing so. She tried not to think about peeing whenever she kept waking up but that didn't help. She had to go.

Although, no matter how bad it was going to get, she promised herself she wouldn't go to the bathroom until she was met with a toilet, not this dumb diaper.

The material crinkled beneath her bottom as she made twists and turns in the crib, and she hated the feeling.

Nova huffed, starting to stand up on all the pink blankets surrounding in the crib. She balanced herself out, holding on to the bars in front of her. Nova couldn't take the isolation and had to get out. She didn't know where she would go but hopefully be able to venture out and find a bathroom secretly.

Nova carefully reached one of her legs over the bar and continued to do the same with the other leg. When the teenager tried to step on the floor beneath her, she accidentally banged her knee against the bar, creating a loud noise.

She squeezed her eyes shut at the pain, and sucked in a breathe. Nova was sure that would leave bruise.

"Ouch"! Nova groaned, feeling the stinging sensation.

She slowly sat on the ground to make sure to check her knee was okay and not bleeding. However, while she focused in the darkness, she began to hear footsteps running towards her room.

Busted.

Liam stirred in his sleep, finding another position on his comforter, he stuffed his face in his pillow getting comfortable while sleeping.