Fourteen

Nova sat in Harry's lap while they swayed back and forth in the rocking chair

Nova sat in Harry's lap while they swayed back and forth in the rocking chair. It was past breakfast time, and Harry decided to take her up to her room to read with her.

He recently started a habit of reading her a book before her first nap, considering they had bought almost forty of them. But this time he thought it was important today to a least distract her from the bath she would be getting.

"Okay petal, turn to the last page" Harry cooed, adjusting his little girl on his lap and the book in his hand.

Nova nodded before reaching out to flip to the next pages. Once the new question and picture appeared, she looked back at Harry waiting for him to read it.

"Now this one should be easy, my love. What does the cow say"? Harry asked, as his lips were against her hair. He pointed to the illustration, before tilting his head.

"moo" Nova answered, with slight shyness.

"They do go moo Nova, you're so right. Now let's find out what they feel like, touch it baby" Harry instructed.

He then motioned to the small patch of fur on the page that was supposed to represent the texture of each animal. Nova lifted her fingers feeling the black and white circle, before setting her hands down.

"Hmm, not the same as a puppy right angel? this is more like a smooth, fur feeling" Harry said, glancing at her with a smile.

"Y-yeah" Nova nodded.

Without thinking, she quickly slid her fingers across more patches of the animal textures, wanting to feel for another time.

Out of all the corny, children books the boys would read her, this one was more decent considering she has always enjoyed sensory items since she was little.

"I didn't like the crocodile one" Nova mumbled, scrunching her nose up a bit.

Harry laughed, tilting his head back, against the rocking chair.

"Yeah, it wasn't the best one, was it sweetheart? kind of rough" Harry chuckled.

Nova smiled, placing her hands on his and softly guiding him to close the small book.

"Yep, we're finished now, hun. We learned a lot about our animals" Harry agreed, tossing the book into a basket by them.

The twenty-four year old started to admire the teenager as she leaned against his back, relaxing. Nova quietly started to twist Harry's rings, finding comfort in doing so.